• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 16-17 Storm OBS Thread

4 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Well it still has to verify lol But I'm with you.;)

I already feel like it is. I’m awake and walked around the woods with a beer in some great rates.  Short range models keep it rolling!  I care less about the final verification and more about how I get to enjoy it!  3” or 9” Doesn’t matter at this point..

(that’s never what she said)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Roads were messy in onondaga county but bigger problem were the covid mask wearers driving 30 in a 55 zone... to be safe.

I'd rather have a cautious driver around me than a dingbat roaring up peoples' butts and swerving around people because they think they're invincible. I agree 30 seems pretty slow, but it is what it is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I'd rather have a cautious driver around me than a dingbat roaring up peoples' butts and swerving around people because they think they're invincible. I agree 30 seems pretty slow, but it is what it is.

If a person can't drive somewhere within 10 of the speed limit in light snow then they should stay home and wear a mask and be afraid. Of everything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Definite lake enhancement on the radar in the north towns here. Ground almost covered.

Probably not just yet. 850s are southeasterly still. 925mb is due easterly and must be responsible for that tiny ribbon of lake effect just north of Niagara county (which must be obscenely shallow). Needless to say, tons of shear in the atmosphere right now.  Enhancement should ramp up late night as the storm consolidates and the winds line up from the NE

9BCA5BD7-8783-4819-BF50-A419B4E8220E.thumb.jpeg.3e4b43293d755852c43bad3dace4d7f9.jpeg

A41FBE84-9584-4D25-8AD8-10F4346E9CD1.jpeg.b910a8ac689a08cc8f3dec587275e151.jpeg

E27BD646-EE90-4242-B8F5-323145086598.thumb.gif.a5bb68b716c072d56cad83c074440ce1.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Decently snowing now in Amsterdam, NYC in meltdown with the dryslot and incoming ptype issues. Don't miss that. 

Nope, I don't miss that either being from CT.  I do kind of feel bad for them though.  It can be a tough area for winter weather fans (NYC area, CT does OK). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stash said:

Nope, I don't miss that either being from CT.  I do kind of feel bad for them though.  It can be a tough area for winter weather fans (NYC area, CT does OK). 

SE CT was a horror show for 20 years. Always, always take the under. Even on the rare storm that doesn't  mix. Even in the "Blizzard" of  Jan 1996. Got 16" in Waterford...about 20% less then everywhere else in CT.  March 1993 was a joke. 

• Like 1

Delta has been pessimistically realistic with this. He deserves props but not for being bullish. 
Man, it’s tough to watch this. It ended up being pretty close but just not gonna get it done. Ithaca, Binghamton and even just south of Syracuse getting hit hard. Another 50 miles and we would’ve been golden. 
Hopefullly we start seeing that pinwheel throw some love nw. Thus far it’s been flurries fighting dry air. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

SE CT was a horror show for 20 years. Always, always take the under. Even on the rare storm that doesn't  mix. Even in the "Blizzard" of  Jan 1996. Got 16" in Waterford...about 20% less then everywhere else in CT.

Yeah, when I said I felt bad for NYC folks, I didn't mean to imply they had anything on SE CT snow fans.  I lived in the western hills outside of Danbury at around 600-800 feet.  We usually did pretty well including March 93 and Jan 96.  That area of Waterford, Groton, New London, etc. gets screwed every which way imaginable from all directions.  I even remember a local met constantly poke fun at that area during winter storms.  I think it was Brad Field.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Snow has picked up noticeably here in the last 30 minutes. Sucks to miss the heavy stuff here in WNY but still a solid winter night here. 

I feel good about my 3” call. Been snowing light to occasionally moderate the last hour. Close to an inch. Will pick up in intensity the next several hours 

22 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

If a person can't drive somewhere within 10 of the speed limit in light snow then they should stay home and wear a mask and be afraid. Of everything.

Hey, just saying...as somebody who already drives above the speed limit, I can't stand people, who no matter what speed you drive, feel the need to ride your bumper. I feel more unsafe around those people than old grandma in the front. However, usually old grandma in the front leads to a tailgater up the butt...and then it gets annoying and unsafe for more people. Which, is why, logically, I agree with you...as driving within the speed limit reduces that nonsense. I just hope I never get in front of you when I'm already speeding. :P

• Haha 1