Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Right. Doesn’t mean we can’t get big totals, but I’d point to that as a limiting factor of widespread 12+. Going to need to maximize rates and anyone who gets caught in between bands probably isn’t getting there 

I don’t think it limits 12-15 but beyond that would be tough.   Get into some banding and a foot can come down quickly.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. Dude.. it snows for a minimum of 24 hours on every model 

I don’t know why I’m taking the bait but I’ll bite. The icon, for example, has the snow moving forward you around 8-9pm Wednesday night and you’re done snowing by Thursday morning at 9-10am the latest.... it clears the cape by noon.

Nobody is saying it won’t be a nice storm and someone won’t get a lot of snow, but those are the facts 

Just now, weathafella said:

I don’t think it limits 12-15 but beyond that would be tough.   Get into some banding and a foot can come down quickly.

The clear signal on the model as a consensus is that there will be intense lift in the DG zone for a bit, and the SSTs are quite warm combined with 850mb temps near -10 to -12C, we are talking about a tremendous moisture feed from the northeast.  The ocean enhancement cannot be ignored with this system.  The models will begin to show this impact within 24 hours of the onset of the snow, which is 72 hours from 00z tonight!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Greg said:

Make sure you read the Weather Report posted by Henry's Weather and the Weather Service Boston. Even they indicate a taint potential for the Cape and Islands can happen in certain tracks closer to the coast but still be off shore.

I have on multiple occasions seen early indication 3-4 days out of blockbuster snow on the coast and cape, then as we get down to 2 days out it turns out a mix of rain and snow along 95. A Valentine’s Day 2007 storm was an infuriating example of this. All my roommates cared about was the price of the new PlayStation 3. We ended up with a thin veneer of crusty ice with that air pocket under it.... IE quasi freezing rain.

Another was an early 2002 storm that promised 2-4 inches of snow on south coast. It never changed over to snow.

Granted, I feel like there must have been some improvements to forecasting since 2007?

• Like 1