• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    InsulationProsofColorado
    Newest Member
    InsulationProsofColorado

Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

Just now, canderson said:

Yeah, for you I hope it's late Sunday too. If you can get out Saturday and need any help for a motel, DM me. 

Can confirm. I DM'd this guy for motel ideas for a weekend away with his wife and he set me up in a five star suite along Rte 30 in Breezewood. You're in capable hands. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, paweather said:

No way. That 1034 H to the North and the L they are loving each other. 

No, I get the dynamics behind it, but it just looks like it's about to head to Cleveland lol.

• Like 1

I want that low 150 miles further south, as stated earlier, we need it to track below the four corners. 

10 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Can confirm. I DM'd this guy for motel ideas for a weekend away with his wife and he set me up in a five star suite along Rte 30 in Breezewood. You're in capable hands. 

hahahhahaahahahahhaahhaha

INCOMING at 120.  Better cad showing up.  May be a forum wide winner.

0z 999mb 

12z 992mb about a smidge south of 0z near OBX

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

It is stalled. My goodness. 

Its a doozy.  Someone post perty snow pics.

BTW, it is really really close to CMC (if one toggles bak n forth).  Going to be interesting to see who caves.

Going to buy more chips....the Euro's hand is hot. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Its a doozy.  Someone post perty snow pics.

BTW, it is really really close to CMC (if one toggles bak n forth).  Going to be interesting to see who caves.

Going to buy more chips, beer, blocks of cheese, beer, pretzels, peanuts, beer...the Euro's hand is hot. 

I'll let the descriptors up to the individual but as we still have some less ideal transfers showing up, Its nice to have the big kahuna where it is right now IMO

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

11 minutes ago, daxx said:

I really like what I just saw on the Euro!  As we get closer we can get more picky.  

All the markings of an LSV crusher (AKA Cashtown Crusher). Probably been since 2016 that we have had a SLP redevelop in the SE and move almost due north into cold air. Regardless of model output the place to be for that Euro storm is the S/E one third of PA.  Stalls, double barrel looks, retrograding....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

4-day snow totals to cover the whole event but separate out the Lake Effect in upstate NY early in the forecast period, so it's a 10:1 map. Kuchera totals generally look a couple inches higher. This is a big shift from the 0z op run and while not dropping a 40 burger on anyone it's a better overall coverage event than yesterdays 12z. 

ecmwf-deterministic-ne-snow_96hr_inch-2353600-1.thumb.png.ed69f02ff6555c74aba7cf87496b6691.png

• Sad 1

Just now, daxx said:

What a long duration event.  From hour 108 to hour 168. Not heavy the whole event but snow falling from the sky.

said it yesterday, thats a win for me.  Im not expecting what the Euro just showed, but many solutions show long duration, so thats a win no matter what the snowstick measures.

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

All the markings of an LSV crusher (AKA Cashtown Crusher). Probably been since 2016 that we have had a SLP redevelop in the SE and move almost due north into cold air. Regardless of model output the place to be for that Euro storm is the S/E one third of PA. 

Yes sir!  We are definitely looking good for now. Hopefully we keep the look or improve.  

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

All the markings of an LSV crusher (AKA Cashtown Crusher). Probably been since 2016 that we have had a SLP redevelop in the SE and move almost due north into cold air. Regardless of model output the place to be for that Euro storm is the S/E one third of PA.  Stalls, double barrel looks, retrograding....

As others said good to see you back. 

Just now, paweather said:

As others said good to see you back. 

If this storm happens as modeled....we may never let him leave again.

Hi bubbles.....!  We missed you

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I'll let the descriptors up to the individual but as we still have some less ideal transfers showing up, Its nice to have the big kahuna where it is right now IMO

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

Ugly hole in Pittsburgh, but moving towards a better solution.