• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 4th-5th, 2020 Nor'easter

wdrag

While the 18z EC is east a bit on qpf in NJ, it sure looks like from its moisture profiles that the previous further west 12z run is going to be more accurate. Here is the 22z HRRR (not the X) and showing a change at elevation in nw NJ at about 9AM... with totals by 11AM.  Could be a little high but strong VV, vort max  approaching should provide interesting elevation changes around sunrise Saturday. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 6.49.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 6.51.59 PM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan76 said:

Never had 30'' in my hood ever

I did. Jan 2016 must have been at least 25” from photos I saw from my home town (Long Beach). I lived in Austin TX at the time and missed it. If I had any idea it would be like that I would’ve flown home but it was looking for a while like we would be edged with a moderate event while Philly to DC got walloped. It came 50-75 miles north in the very end. :( 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone remember the Valentine's Day storm in 2015? We had a blizzard warning in effect in suffolk county and then I remember waking up to like half an inch of snow. Eastern New England cashed in though, the model trends yesterday reminded me of that a little, albeit for the most part they're not all that similar

4 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Def band over central LI modeled on the NAM around noon has my attention.  Not holding my breath but it'll be worth a look out the window.

Same, maybe in the hilly areas where we are can have a brief burst of snow before it heads out. Infuriating almost that it can’t be a few degrees colder for it, that would be 2-3” an hour type snow. The storm should really start bombing out by then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

I did. Jan 2016 must have been at least 25” from photos I saw from my home town (Long Beach). I lived in Austin TX at the time and missed it. If I had any idea it would be like that I would’ve flown home but it was looking for a while like we would be edged with a moderate event while Philly to DC got walloped. It came 50-75 miles north in the very end. :( 

I got 30" in both my locations with that storm lol....you really missed out.  I remember when you were on here that day too.

Just now, LibertyBell said:

I got 30" in both my locations with that storm lol....you really missed out.  I remember when you were on here that day too.

My relatives and I swapped pictures of my slightly rustling tall palm tree outside my apartment on a cloudless 80 degree afternoon with the raging blizzard back home. Torment for sure. I really think that was all-time in my life here, seems like better than even Jan 1996 which was my personal best as a 9-year old at the time. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

My relatives and I swapped pictures of my slightly rustling tall palm tree outside my apartment on a cloudless 80 degree afternoon with the raging blizzard back home. Torment for sure. I really think that was all-time in my life here, seems like better than even Jan 1996 which was my personal best as a 9-year old at the time. 

Yeah I was in the same location for Jan 1996, Feb 2003 and Jan 2016 and Jan 2016 beat out the other two. I always thought Jan 1996 was undermeasured, but it wasn't 30"  More like 28 inches.  Feb 2016 was 26 inches.  Jan 2016 was 32 inches and we had still had 30 inches left on the ground 6 hours after the snow ended.  The bonus was the band of snow at the end that just kept going and going and made the storm last over 30 hours.