Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

2 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Man its gonna be a cold cold night, Temp is just rapidly falling off. Both my weather stations already say -2 on them!!! I havent seen cold like this in a very very long time, crazy to think we may be in the  upper 40's/50's by weeks end lol

The long range GFS shows upper 60's lower 70's the first week of March.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Man its gonna be a cold cold night, Temp is just rapidly falling off. Both my weather stations already say -2 on them!!! I havent seen cold like this in a very very long time, crazy to think we may be in the  upper 40's/50's by weeks end lol

The last time I experienced this kind of cold was 1989 . I think the temp was 14 below zero . But that was in a January Edit ( December ). The record cold for West Plains, MO for February is 7 below . We might break that tonight .

1 hour ago, NwWhiteOut said:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Doramo said:

The last time I experienced this kind of cold was 1989 . I think the temp was 14 below zero . But that was in a January . The record cold for West Plains, MO for February is 7 below . We might break that tonight .

I think thats about right for me too! Late 80's early 90's growing up in NJ, I remember it being negative 20 or so back then for lows at night. Was crazy, its been like a ghost town around fayetteville today lol!

2 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

00z NAM caved to the GFS/Euro and shifted back south a bit.  Still a nice storm.   The first 34 hours look great then it falls apart up north after that.  Big hit again south of Fort Smith into South Central AR.  

Caved for your area? It still looks decent for Oklahoma and Kansas.

Just focusing on central Oklahoma the 00z  NAM/HRRR and 21z RAP were very nice and have all come in with higher snow totals and a longer duration,  lingering light snow well into Wednesday afternoon. 

Again it will likely come down to a narrow band where snow totals end up being close to double areas to the north and south.

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteoutWX said:

Just focusing on central Oklahoma the 00z models were very nice and have all come in with higher snow totals and a longer duration,  lingering light snow well into Wednesday afternoon. 

OKC looks to be in a great spot to pick up the desert with this. Fun few days. Today was a nice surprise here. Ended up with 2.5 inches of pure sand. Never got above 0 in KC. 

1 hour ago, Doramo said:

The last time I experienced this kind of cold was 1989 . I think the temp was 14 below zero . But that was in a January . The record cold for West Plains, MO for February is 7 below . We might break that tonight .

This is the coldest I have seen since December of 1989 and probably one of the coldest February's consecutive with below zero wind chills lasting for days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

EURO has us in the 60s and 70s next week. Wow. Weather is never boring. Sometimes it is disappointing because we miss out on the big snows but it is such a fascinating thing.

This. I love the variety of the great plains climate. While the winter storms do tend to be better back east. The variety over the course of the year has appealed a lot more to me. 

1 hour ago, Solution Man said:

How much for you today

At least 5" or 6"   Hard to tell because of drifts and all .  We have one area where the it was 1/2" where the wind funneled between two buildings. Some drifts are near 2 ft deep . The flat area that I measured snow depth before was affected by the wind . So I  measured it in a wind protected area that was away from drifts and got the 5" in one spot and 6" in another .  So maybe call it 5.5" ???

• Like 1