• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish

October Discobs 2020

10 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

And 18z goes back east. Haven’t heard about 18z euro. Good thing this isn’t snow or we’d be going nuts.

All the mesos, CMC, ICON now have a pretty sharp cutoff along I-95 as the Euro has been advertising. 6z GFS still has some decent rain(0.2 - 0.3") northwest of there.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

All the mesos, CMC, ICON now have a pretty sharp cutoff along I-95 as the Euro has been advertising. 6z GFS still has some decent rain(0.2 - 0.3") northwest of there.

Nothing here so far, but that batch moving in from the south looks to probably just clip me. 

This seems like it’s going to be yet another overperformer IMBY. LWX called for 1/2” of rain today and we just blew right past that with no end in sight. If we can just hold this pattern for a few more weeks... :thumbsup:

At least it'll be clear skies by morning tomorrow. Perfect day with temps in the upper 50s-low 60s and low humidity. The bomb dot com.

Saw something strange in the sky last night (bad photo I know - upper band in this is the lower band, ignore cloud below) in Royal Oak MD, photo taken facing west.  Went outside after dinner, probably a little after 8 pm and saw what looked like 2 contrails, one right above the other. Lower was more dense and above one lighter and taller (didn’t show up in photo). Then we noticed that they never moved/drifted. Went out to dock to a get a better view and saw that each kept its shape/density and seemed to curve like a halo from each edge of horizon. It finally all faded after about 2 hours. Any one have any ideas as to what this could have been? 

F389681F-BEE2-4817-A9C7-623A705AF24B.jpeg

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

If this were winter, people would be melting down. What a cutoff.

Over colder rain and mud? Lol

54 degrees with sprinkles.

6 hours ago, esullivan said:

Saw something strange in the sky last night (bad photo I know - upper band in this is the lower band, ignore cloud below) in Royal Oak MD, photo taken facing west.  Went outside after dinner, probably a little after 8 pm and saw what looked like 2 contrails, one right above the other. Lower was more dense and above one lighter and taller (didn’t show up in photo). Then we noticed that they never moved/drifted. Went out to dock to a get a better view and saw that each kept its shape/density and seemed to curve like a halo from each edge of horizon. It finally all faded after about 2 hours. Any one have any ideas as to what this could have been? 

F389681F-BEE2-4817-A9C7-623A705AF24B.jpeg

There were two airliners that put out chemtrails right around sunset, going in a slight SE to NW direction, and the contrails stuck around for a while.  I noted how close they were together (or at least how close they looked from my spot on land) and how the timing wasn't that far apart from the appearance of one plane to the next because with the reduction in overseas air travel I don't see them go by at that altitude as often as they used to.

(I saw them as they were going past DC to the north)

The globals all spitting out some interesting solutions near D10 with possible tropical systems and early season cold air.

19 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

The globals all spitting out some interesting solutions near D10 with possible tropical systems and early season cold air.

Looks like a black hole on the afternoon GFS. 

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Contrails or chemtrails?

I just edited that post so I'll just add this one to say that yeah, I'm an idiot.

From Met Walt Drag

A fair amount of discussion about the 25th-26th...  am considering a topic since it's amped with potential,  but that this could still easily be a marine storm once past FL.  I'd like to see more ensemble agreement on a storm up the coast, supported by 30% or greater prob for 2"+ along the E Coast. If that were to occur, it's probably a few days off but imo, little doubt (in my mind) the models are onto two more tropical systems 19th-26th in the W ATLC. One other thing...while most of the debate is about 1) whether a storm, and then 2) either out to sea or up the coast... I can visualize jet stream pattern adjustments that permit E GMEX and northward up the W side of Apps.  Just very-very-very early.

I think Epsilon may get named within 48 hrs. Am posting on tropical page a couple of graphics.  It probably won't a direct influence on our area except for swells... however, its eventual development may strengthen the WAR, and provide an even more favorable flow pattern for the 25tth-26th?  We'll see, Post goes up by 525PM, unless it's already done there by a tropics poster. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

? First freeze in Deep creek . I've had 3 or 4 frosts here with 1 night hitting 32 .

Yeah, 33 has been the coldest low so far. Forecast is upper 20s to low 30s in the county tonight. 
multiple frosts but first widespread freeze tonight (freeze warning for Cumberland/west).  

Appears that we go rain free for the next 7 days with moderating temperatures and beautiful weather for late October.

3 minutes ago, frd said:

Appears that we go rain free for the next 7 days with moderating temperatures and beautiful weather for late October.

I'll take it.

Just about at 3" for the month so far, which is actually dry compared to the previous 3 months.

• Like 1