Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Cold Season Thread 2020-2021

wxeyeNH

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

J.Spin has to be getting crushed by this squall.  30dbz over him right there at I-89 and the county line.  That usually corresponds to 1-2"/hr rates at least, just depends on how long it lingers.

Dec_2b.gif.93db176086f9247cf1aecf501242650a.gif

It was snowing fairly heavily there for a bit, it was that crazy sort of snow with a mixture of different flake sizes and descent rates where it seems like you’re getting snowfall that is from multiple sources/levels in the atmosphere.    It didn’t last all that long, but it did put down the quick half inch that we picked up.

After a lull for a while, there’s actually a bit more moisture coming into the area on the radar, but the snowfall is fairly light an nothing as potent as that earlier passage.

20 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

It was snowing fairly heavily there for a bit, it was that crazy sort of snow with a mixture of different flake sizes and descent rates where it seems like you’re getting snowfall that is from multiple sources/levels in the atmosphere.    It didn’t last all that long, but it did put down the quick half inch that we picked up.

After a lull for a while, there’s actually a bit more moisture coming into the area on the radar, but the snowfall is fairly light an nothing as potent as that earlier passage.

I noticed that too.  The snow board here was 1/4” but a mix of grauple balls and flakes of varying sizes.  Some big fat dendrites did help tick accumulation up but for the most part it was sub-optimal flakes.

Looks like it's nearing 2" at 3,000ft and above.

Untitled.jpg.5dbafa02ce294e41a9a8d0a215cc1d42.jpg

• Like 1

Event totals: 0.7” Snow/1.87” L.E.

There’s nothing notable on the radar right now, so we’ll have to see if this marks the end of this backside snow.

Details from the 12:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.2 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 29.3 F

Sky: Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 0.5 inches

Hum,  don't like the look of this storm.   Mid to even upper 30's Saturday AM dropping to 32/33F  for much of the storm.  Another birch bender like 2 years ago.  Did a lot of tree damage and power problems at my 1100 foot level.  Could this be a repeat?   We can start locking in a path after the 12Z Euro.   Time to get gas for the genny

28 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Hum,  don't like the look of this storm.   Mid to even upper 30's Saturday AM dropping to 32/33F  for much of the storm.  Another birch bender like 2 years ago.  Did a lot of tree damage and power problems at my 1100 foot level.  Could this be a repeat?   We can start locking in a path after the 12Z Euro.   Time to get gas for the genny

I'd rather we don't get snow with this one. We really need some cold snap to start frezing the grounds and ponds. For snowmobiling, getting a bunch of sn before that makes for a sloppy mess on the trails.

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I'd rather we don't get snow with this one. We really need some cold snap to start frezing the grounds and ponds. For snowmobiling, getting a bunch of sn before that makes for a sloppy mess on the trails.

That is exactly what I was thinking.  Still pre-seasoning my sleds right now anyway