• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Cold Season Thread 2020-2021

wxeyeNH

So far it's been a much nicer storm "part 1" than I expected... None of the wind that these things often have, which is allowing the snow to stick to everything. Very pretty. Estimating about 3" (eyeball, not measured). Got a way to go if we are going to get to the 12-18 in the forecast. But heck this year it'll be nice to have 6 (and the storm is just getting started). 

Kids wanted to do a last "snoccer" game earlier today before the snow got too deep lol. Was actually kinda fun 

96E161DD-C4C8-41C5-A8CF-986B4E88B116.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alex said:

So far it's been a much nicer storm "part 1" than I expected... None of the wind that these things often have, which is allowing the snow to stick to everything. Very pretty. Estimating about 3" (eyeball, not measured). Got a way to go if we are going to get to the 12-18 in the forecast. But heck this year it'll be nice to have 6 (and the storm is just getting started). 

Kids wanted to do a last "snoccer" game earlier today before the snow got too deep lol. Was actually kinda fun 

96E161DD-C4C8-41C5-A8CF-986B4E88B116.jpeg

Nice! It looks like I have a little more here. I measured 5-6 in spots. 

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

32.7F  Light snow.   Just measured   1.25"    Temperature has remained within .2F since about noon.  Usually it slowly falls as a storm moves northbound to my east.  Driveway is a 1" of slush and water and will freeze solid later tonight.

The airmass for this thing really is garbage. The snow further south was basically all driven by dynamics. 

We’ve been just cloudy all day and I haven’t seen any snowfall, even off to the east in town when I was there earlier this afternoon.  We are starting to get some flakes now though, so the atmosphere must have hit the point where it was moist enough to get them down to the valley despite the dry air off to the west.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, backedgeapproaching said:

We'll wait for someone with a more precise dedication to the craft......your neighbor around 7am tomorrow...lol

That’s a good idea. LOL

I just measured 8 in a few protected spots on the front side of the house, FWIW. It certainly felt like that much snow while I was out there with the kids. It’s gotta be north of 6 or 7. 

2 hours ago, J.Spin said:

We’ve been just cloudy all day and I haven’t seen any snowfall, even off to the east in town when I was there earlier this afternoon.  We are starting to get some flakes now though, so the atmosphere must have hit the point where it was moist enough to get them down to the valley despite the dry air off to the west.

I figured I must just about be the western extent of the snow, at least this far north. We have maybe an inch, probably just under. I just went down to Montpelier to walk on the bike path and I didn’t have to go far to hit zero snow. Still snowing some here and the roads are starting to get covered. 

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I figured I must just about be the western extent of the snow, at least this far north. We have maybe an inch, probably just under. I just went down to Montpelier to walk on the bike path and I didn’t have to go far to hit zero snow. Still snowing some here and the roads are starting to get covered. 

Yeah, I’m sure we’re pretty close to the western edge of the precipitation shield – we’ve had flakes with no accumulation up to this point, but catching your post I went out to check and I see that we’ve just hit 0.1” of accumulation.

I got stuck in Alex's driveway at 930pm. They got me unstuck. A cop stopped to chat and then followed me back to my place. I drive a Corolla...I didn't stand a chance. Im surprised at how wet the snow is. Hubbdave had posted way earlier in the day about hitting 5 inches, and we were still rain/white rain up here. It was 32/31 most of the day and maybe we had an inch by 5pm. The wind was a non factor until about 1.5hrs ago. It's gusting good and temp dropped immediately to 31/30. I expect the snow to dry out as the night goes on. It was pure white out once I was unstuck and on the road home. I couldn't see more than 10feet in front of my car. This is only the 2nd time in my life that I was almost terrified while driving. So happy to be off the road and inside. This will probably be the only time I dont get pulled over by a cop because I was driving in the middle of the road. I honestly had no idea where anything was. It was just a white blanket, no depth perception. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I got stuck in Alex's driveway at 930pm. They got me unstuck. A cop stopped to chat and then followed me back to my place. I drive a Corolla...I didn't stand a chance. Im surprised at how wet the snow is. Hubbdave had posted way earlier in the day about hitting 5 inches, and we were still rain/white rain up here. It was 32/31 most of the day and maybe we had an inch by 5pm. The wind was a non factor until about 1.5hrs ago. It's gusting good and temp dropped immediately to 31/30. I expect the snow to dry out as the night goes on. It was pure white out once I was unstuck and on the road home. I couldn't see more than 10feet in front of my car. This is only the 2nd time in my life that I was almost terrified while driving. So happy to be off the road and inside. This will probably be the only time I dont get pulled over by a cop because I was driving in the middle of the road. I honestly had no idea where anything was. It was just a white blanket, no depth perception. 

Obviously, Alex needs to get you a company 4x4!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Was he sitting in his living room enjoying that view he just posted while you were digging out the car? LOL

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jculligan said:

6" total here. Had the expectations not been higher, this would have been a decent first event. My friend in North Conway proper is reporting less than 1" down in the valley. Glad to have the extra 1000' here

cabin.PNG

What a spot dude.  Mountain cabin... I love that.

Just a very angry inch here at Stowe... winds are absolutely cranking, gusts to 50mph even in the base area.  Quad on wind hold.  

Event totals: 0.3” Snow/0.02” L.E.

An additional round of accumulation came through overnight.  The precipitation was flurries at observations time, and that’s what I’ve seen on and off since then.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.2 inches

New Liquid: 0.01 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 20.0

Snow Density: 5.0% H2O

Temperature: 26.8 F

Sky: Flurries

Snow at the stake: Trace