Total Members
    Most Online
    Santana 1888
    Newest Member
    Santana 1888
George BM

September Banter 2020

17 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Nice, we did the same last night.   All 4 Galilean moons were lined up nicely to the left of Jupiter.  

Did you check out Uranus?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, H2O said:

Tons of players hurt this week

yeah not good timing for me to have to sit McCaffrey when I'm up against you in Week 3 :lol:

38 minutes ago, mappy said:

yeah not good timing for me to have to sit McCaffrey when I'm up against you in Week 3 :lol:

image.jpeg.75c1613a5cda42769916b733a7913bb3.jpeg

48 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Did you check out Uranus?

I literally just read this as "you cheek out Uranus?"

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, yoda said:

Tiebreaker of 780 degrees? ;)

Well...being the geek I am, I looked to see what 780 degrees Fahrenheit is in Celsius, thinking there was some inverse joke related to "Fahrenheit 451" in there.  It's equivalent 415.6 deg C.  So, it's not all that far from "Celsius 451"? :lol:

Either way, kinda toasty!

• Like 2

OMG......

To me, Ryan has an agenda. He has morphed into posting some crazy stuff the last several months on Twitter.  

• Like 1

I have lots of thoughts on Maue’s possible appointment but they’re all political so I’ll shut my mouth here.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I have lots of thoughts on Maue’s possible appointment but they’re all political so I’ll shut my mouth here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Well...being the geek I am, I looked to see what 780 degrees Fahrenheit is in Celsius, thinking there was some inverse joke related to "Fahrenheit 451" in there.  It's equivalent 415.6 deg C.  So, it's not all that far from "Celsius 451"? :lol:

Either way, kinda toasty!

Cool book. I want the version where you have to hold a flame to the page to read it...

On 9/21/2020 at 6:45 PM, frd said:

OMG......

To me, Ryan has an agenda. He has morphed into posting some crazy stuff the last several months on Twitter.  

Why are so many of the climate deniers actual meteorologists? 

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2020 at 8:27 AM, leesburg 04 said:

Some guy in Edmonton just emailed me and said based on the current look his winter is going to be better than mine. I didn't have the energy to argue with him. :(

Think of him in April when the temps will still be dipping below freezing and he's shoveling snow.  By then he won't be happy that he's still shoveling snow and he'll be yearning for spring to actually appear. 

The odds are extremely good winter is going to be better there than here if cold and snow are what you're looking for. 

(For the record, I'm from there.  The only month I haven't seen snow falling is July.   First major snowfall of the year is always a traffic s***show.  But there are occasional years when the snowfall is below average, sometimes way below it.)

I would love to have a winter so severe and long I yearn for spring.  I’ve yet to see that happen here.  Maybe this year..

28 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I would love to have a winter so severe and long I yearn for spring.  I’ve yet to see that happen here.  Maybe this year..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you here during 13-14? Seems like a rather prolific winter with little to no breaks.

Sucks that I have no recollection of that winter.. or 09/10.. or of 02/03.. 

43 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Joe Bastardi has “published” a “book”. Oh my.

A thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters will write a masterpiece 

or not

• Haha 1

Fall sports get the go ahead in Maryland.  About time :thumbsup:

Hopefully schools follow for   at least a hybrid start . Carroll county is still planning October 19th Hybrid start.  Hopefully they stick with it and don't kick the can further down the road. 

1 hour ago, H2O said:

A thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters will write a masterpiece 

or not

They certainly can write Shakespeare.  I recently read a monkey random typewriter version of "Henry V".  It was amazing, almost as if ol' Bill plagiarized it!! :lol:

Oh...and typewriters??  Really?? :lol:  (Joking...I have fond memories of learning to type, on an actual old style typewriter, even before electronic typewriters became popular and well enough before word processors existed!!!  That was only shortly after having to transcribe things by hand, in ink...and in Latin!)

3 hours ago, BristowWx said:

2 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you here during 13-14? Seems like a rather prolific winter with little to no breaks.

Sucks that I have no recollection of that winter.. or 09/10.. or of 02/03.. 

2013-14 was incredible, perhaps the closest to anything "severe" we've had in recent memory outside 2009-10 and 2002-03  (though there wasn't any extreme cold...lots of snow though!).  It was damn near gate-to-gate events, lots of solid moderate events, no big HECS-style ones.  Even @Bob Chill said he was just about exhausted from tracking by the end of March that season!!  I actually consider '13-14 to be pretty damn close to, or perhaps slightly exceeding, '02-03, even with no HECS events...nearly a toss-up in my opinion between those two seasons.

• Like 4