• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueValleyHVAC
    Newest Member
    BlueValleyHVAC

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Minus a bust factor that is of course still in place, think the northern counties are sitting pretty for tonight. I’ll be out and about in the truck so hopefully get a nice little thump.

• Like 5

I'm not expecting anything more than a dusting here in town. Hopefully Cataloochee scores at least 2 to 4 inches overnight. 

• Like 3

Really hope Sunday’s storm pulls through. Being in the one small gap of the state that’s missing out on tonight’s potential (Burke) is a tough pill to swallow after the debacle a few weeks with the last big storm. Granted...I think there are going to be some broken hearts down east, based on the NAM. It was the only model to raise the red flag on the last storm. 
Well, euro stuck to its guns. Gfs has been improving and strengthening the CAD. Here's hoping!
  • Like 2

GSP raised our totals to 3 - 6 inches with 50 mph wind gusts. Wild night ahead!
Looking at the next week has me a little concerned. I'm down below 20% in my 250g propane tank (I realize that 20% is 50 gallons but I don't trust the gauge below 20%.) Suburban only comes here on Thursdays and they couldn't get up here the last 4 Thursdays. They keep telling me they'll make a delivery tomorrow. Lol. I'm not getting my hopes up about next Thursday either.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Looking at the next week has me a little concerned. I'm down below 20% in my 250g propane tank (I realize that 20% is 50 gallons but I don't trust the gauge below 20%.) Suburban only comes here on Thursdays and they couldn't get up here the last 4 Thursdays. They keep telling me they'll make a delivery tomorrow. Lol. I'm not getting my hopes up about next Thursday either.

We still have a lot of winter left.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowbird1230 said:

Winter Storm Warnings go in effect here in just over 4 hours ..

Currently clear blue skies..65°!!

Great times! I love it when temps drop like 30 degrees in a couple of hours.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buckethead said:

We buried a 1000 gallon tank several years ago for that very reason. They top it off in November and it gets us through the winter easily. We just use propane for the furnace, stove, and hot water heater. And the genset when the power goes off.

Got a mix now but I'm still at 36.2.

• Like 2

Marion can be an odd place weather wise. Just drove from Asheville to Morganton back to Marion and there was rain everywhere, heavy at times, but nothing in Marion and the moon is out 

• Like 2

Still rain in Boone, have a buddy on 105 and it’s turning white on the Avery side of Foscoe. In other news, I can’t see the video above, anyone know why lol.