• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

28 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

RGEM is juicy for the northern guys, heavy wet 7-8 inches before the changeover.

ICON comparable, little less on the totals.

I am hoping for a surprise in my little patch of the woods in Candler. I have about 6 inches for the season. You high mountain guys would just walk outside and sneeze that away. But, it has not been that bad except, instead of nickel and diming my way to that, I have pennied my way to it. I wish we could something straight from the Gulf into some Arctic air. Beggars, choosers... all that. The NWF does look good for you guys, like the NWF of years gone by. I wish I was still way out in Leicester for that.  Anyway, good luck to all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, ncjoaquin said:

I am hoping for a surprise in my little patch of the woods in Candler. I have about 6 inches for the season. You high mountain guys would just walk outside and sneeze that away. But, it has not been that bad except, instead of nickel and diming my way to that, I have pennied my way to it. I wish we could something straight from the Gulf into some Arctic air. Beggars, choosers... all that. The NWF does look good for you guys, like the NWF of years gone by. I wish I was still way out in Leicester for that.  Anyway, good luck to all.

Yeah Candler does pretty well in these setups but its either ice or snow...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Hey if a moderator sees this can the mountain thread be pinned also during these events? I know we get used to us seeing winter weather but it would help just not having to scroll down so far to find our thread during these winter weather events.  Thank in advance.  Sincerely Met1985. 

You got your wish.

• Like 1

12z para continues with the south trend with the coastal low, I'm guessing the closer to the coast and earlier it gets going, the better wraparound we have?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

GFS smokes the mountains with NWF

No kidding! I think it actually upped the totals a bit more. I really think this is going to be a very impressive NW flow event. This will probably be one of the best events for flow snow that we have seen in the last several years...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, westmc9th said:

37 down the mountain in McDowell. Sun still shining. 

Yea we going in the 40s

No kidding! I think it actually upped the totals a bit more. I really think this is going to be a very impressive NW flow event. This will probably be one of the best events for flow snow that we have seen in the last several years...

I like reading that. I got 10.5" from the nwf event in early December.

Never did get my propane though lol. Fortunately I have two other heat sources.

BTW, Suburban Propane sucks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

I like reading that. I got 10.5" from the nwf event in early December.

Never did get my propane though lol. Fortunately I have two other heat sources.

BTW, Suburban Propane sucks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Blue Ridge Propane does a good job but I don’t think they cover your area 

• Like 1

Got up to 41, but dropped to 37 in the last hour here. Hoping for a surprise.. meaning maybe 2 inches haha. 

• Like 4

Model consensus for the northern mountains shows a good 3-4 inches for the northern areas in this subforum for tonight/early am . question is at what point does the changeover occur as that could affect it. IDK how I feel about the NWFS yet, I'm sure the southern areas will jackpot from that, but for some reason they haven't been as favorable for the northern areas in the past year or so, so I'm not banking on it yet.

• Like 2

Temperature is dropping here in Maggie as well. Just walked the Lab and it's down right raw out there with the wind starting to gust. It was interesting to see the Euro suggest 3 to 5 inches and even almost 3 in Waynesville. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Temperature is dropping here in Maggie as well. Just walked the Lab and it's down right raw out there with the wind starting to gust. It was interesting to see the Euro suggest 3 to 5 inches and even almost 3 in Waynesville. 

Yeah I was very surprised to see that from the EURO.  It might be onto something... Again the euro upped totals for the upslope snow that will follow.  Im very intrigued by this setup. 

• Like 1

Should be a fun evening, tongue of precip looks good on radar and I have ribs on the smoker with a popped top already. Hope everyone gets a surprise!

• Like 14

35 when I left the house, definitely raw out there.  Doing some scouting for summertime fishing on the Pigeon below Waterville, brought the fly rod to see if anything wants to bite. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

35 when I left the house, definitely raw out there.  Doing some scouting for summertime fishing on the Pigeon below Waterville, brought the fly rod to see if anything wants to bite. 

Nothing better than doing some river scouting 

• Like 1

37 degrees here in Cruso.  I don’t like GSPs ice forecast.  I’d take rain or nothing over ice any day of the week.