• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Looks like Asheville is about to get a heavy snow squall

Edit- Looking at webcam they got a good one. Ground white and even some of the roads 

• Like 1

Looking at close to an inch here in my part of Candler. All streets are white. Not been a huge snow year, but I have about 6 inches so far and it has snowed several times. It has definitely felt like winter. I run a lot... Not like superman StrongWxnc, but a lot and every morning I have ran has been in the 20s. Not that way last year. Getting ready to go snow running here in a little bit. It has been a good winter.

• Like 4

Looking at close to an inch here in my part of Candler. All streets are white. Not been a huge snow year, but I have about 6 inches so far and it has snowed several times. It has definitely felt like winter. I run a lot... Not like superman StrongWxnc, but a lot and every morning I have ran has been in the 20s. Not that way last year. Getting ready to go snow running here in a little bit. It has been a good winter.

Nothing is better than running in the cold! After a mile or so you are normally nice and toasty!
Congrats on the snow folks! Chilling on the brown ground down here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like an inch of new snow fell overnight. Still getting a few flurries from time to time, but nothing significant. I'll be watching a sneaky little potential for light snow Tuesday as the front sags into the Mountains. 

• Like 3

About 2 inches here. It's pretty brutal out now with a temp of 22.3 and a 20mph wind. What a great weekend! It has snowed pretty much nonstop for the last three days.
Yes it is brutal. I've been watching people slide around the curve at the creek on Bald Mountain Rd. this morning. Surprisingly there's only been one wipeout.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Couldn’t get this to load earlier but this is the entrance to a neighborhood in Asheville where I am about to build 3 homes. Went over there to stake them out this morning and this was the view!7a3d425a05c59450c9ca1fdb916a9059.jpg

• Like 15

I have no clue how much snow fell here today. That wind this afternoon blew everything all around. I had a hair under 2.5" at 7am and I came home to less than 2" on the board. And it's been snowing all day with a high of 24°.

That's 44.5" on the season.

Oh, and I literally just had two people cross country skiing through my yard. I didn't even think of trying that! c96987d6603e64fbafc90166159541cf.jpg&key=345a66a3c6dd15218146b6daa4102e62662c5ad73c6af2c6db510cae66de1ab9

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Of course I don't take anything TWC says for granted, but only 2 days are above 40 on the 10 day outlook. It's something much more to a "normal" winter finally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Looks like there's a little moisture working in from the north. 32 and flurries at 3100' in wolf.

12:40 update. Steady light snow.

Just started getting some graupel/snow pellets here at 40.3

• Like 1

Nam & Nam 3km are both showing some higher elevation snow showers across SW WNC Friday afternoon/evening.  Might have a tongue of overrunning precipitation that the models are struggling to pick up on enter the area sometime on Friday.  Something to watch, especially if you live above 3500'.

• Like 3

Off topic I know but if I go to Marion and get on 40, what exit do I get off at to see the Elk in Cataloochee?  How far is it from Marion?  Thanks for any info

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weatherlover said:

Off topic I know but if I go to Marion and get on 40, what exit do I get off at to see the Elk in Cataloochee?  How far is it from Marion?  Thanks for any info

You want to get off at the J. Creek exit in Haywood county. It is exit 20.

1 hour ago, weatherlover said:

Yea its a long drive from Marion, about an hour and a half to 2 hours