• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Avon
    Newest Member
    Avon
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

The dogs and I just took a walk in the woods to check things out. A beautiful glaze of ice on the trees and rhododendrons and crunchy sleet/snow/ice on the ground. Temperature currently at 31 here. 

What a wild night. Snow/sleet/rain/thunder, something for everyone! Fortunately no damage here. Good job by the models on this rare ice event in central Haywood County.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, franklin NCwx said:

We needed a flood watch instead of a winter storm warning 

I agree, I'm glad we missed the ice but for us in Candler the last three winter storm warnings have turned in to nothing.  Thunder and heavy rain was here also.  We just need one decent storm maybe six inch snowfall and I'll be ready for spring.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah Haywood got hit pretty good.  I know Duke energy and Haywood EMC are working several calls for power being out. I have to admit I was completely wrong on this one. 

It's like we were all talking about yesterday, it's hard to go against what you've experienced over the years. The occasional surprise is part of the fun of being a weather geek.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cold air aloft said:

It's like we were all talking about yesterday, it's hard to go against what you've experienced over the years. The occasional surprise is part of the fun of being a weather geek.

Oh yeah this was a nice surprise here in Haywood.  Driving home this morning was really cool seeing all the ice everywhere. 

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic