• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bluewater Performance
    Newest Member
    Bluewater Performance

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

I got screwed again but at least it snowed some. I have never had a winter with this many 1 to 2 inch events in quick succession.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I got screwed again but at least it snowed some. I have never had a winter with this many 1 to 2 inch events in quick succession.

It's really been remarkable. It's been awhile since I seen storms training like this. 

Ended up with 5.5” down this way, though I think some places to my west (Zirconia, Tuxedo) might have more like 7”... stopped around 2am last night. Currently 37.6 with a light WNW breeze. The great melting has begun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

So, I went on a fast 5 mile snow run(not StrongWxnc ultra marathon fast, but old man fast) I love running through the woods. The snow is at it's deepest, and undisturbed, except by the deer. I have been running in the morning at 22 degrees in the dark, so 36 had me down to t-shirt. A beautiful day !!!

• Like 5

So, I went on a fast 5 mile snow run(not StrongWxnc ultra marathon fast, but old man fast) I love running through the woods. The snow is at it's deepest, and undisturbed, except by the deer. I have been running in the morning at 22 degrees in the dark, so 36 had me down to t-shirt. A beautiful day !!!

Awesome Jason! Nothing beats running in the snow. I’m sidelined for a Month or I would have drove up to black mountain this weekend for some action on the trails!

5 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Me too, I might have 2 inches, boy these 4-8 and 3-6  inch snow falls just aren't coming thru.  I think the 4-8 10 days ago we might have received 1/2 inch.  I'm ready for a bonified 6 inch snow and I'll be ready for spring.  we need that cold air that was to come in here tomorrow to come in some time this week to have a good chance.  Last night it never got going good then we were in a dry slot forever.  Our temps are always marginal at best.  We need bonified cold without a warm nose to worry about.  Sorry,,,,,venting, should have gone to the whining thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, strongwxnc said:

Awesome Jason! Nothing beats running in the snow. I’m sidelined for a Month or I would have drove up to black mountain this weekend for some action on the trails!

Oh no!! I hope you get better soon Mark. 

Looking back at my seasonal snow totals, I think we were a little spoiled between 2014-2018. We had a big snow (6+) pretty much every year across most of the forum those years. And multiple small events most of those years too. I shouldn't expect a big snow every year here maybe not even every 2 or 3 if I go by history. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Met1985 said:

The mid to long range thread is great for a laugh most days...

You would think it's either gonna be 70's and sunny or Armageddon in the thread, no in between lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was 36° when I left my house this morning so I wasn't thinking about black ice. Driving down the valley this morning every bridge is covered with ice. Currently rain and 32° at my office.

And I only read the long term thread for entertainment purposes...and for whatever griteater and a couple of others have to say.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I don't know whether to buy a boat or generator. It does look wet. Hopefully we have time it right the next 10 days 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Everyone enjoy the weather today, it’s all downhill from here. 

It's cold and raining here with slush and mud!

• Like 2

About 60 and sunny here at my office in Hendersonville. Got me itching for Spring. I feel like this winter has been cold with relatively measurable snow every week. I have had my fun and now I am over it! (unpopular opinion) 

• Like 2

About 60 and sunny here at my office in Hendersonville. Got me itching for Spring. I feel like this winter has been cold with relatively measurable snow every week. I have had my fun and now I am over it! (unpopular opinion) 
Not as unpopular as you may think. I'm hoping winter doesn't last into April like last year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Buckethead said:

Not as unpopular as you may think. I'm hoping winter doesn't last into April like last year.

April?, as I recall you were still getting snow in May!

Once April 1st rolls around I’m ready for Spring weather to be in full force with the occasional chilly morning.  More fishing and playing  golf are in order starting then.

• Like 2

April?, as I recall you were still getting snow in May!

Was I? It must've been a minor one, the last thing I counted was 2.75" on 4/1.  Last winter went on forever, and now it's all a blur.

Nowdays if I don't write something down it's forgotten in 10 minutes lol.

• Like 1