• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

Currently in the mid-upper 50's around here. Heater kicked on this morning, but that's just par for the course. Believe it or not, I keep the thermostat on during the summer. It still kicks on in early June, and a couple times during the summer.

Why? Because it keeps the cob webs from building up, and I know it will run when I need it. Just like a car that sits too long will have more problems when you run it again, than if you run it off and on. :)

26 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

Death ridge

The crops this year are getting hit hard in some areas, and last year was really bad overall. Hope folks are stocking up best they can, and practice fasting. Our forefathers had to go through stuff like this, what makes us better than them? The age of gluttony coming to an end? Just food for thought.

27 minutes ago, Brian D said:

The crops this year are getting hit hard in some areas, and last year was really bad overall. Hope folks are stocking up best they can, and practice fasting. Our forefathers had to go through stuff like this, what makes us better than them? The age of gluttony coming to an end? Just food for thought.

:clap:

• Like 2

And we're off.  Widespread elevated convection quickly taking off across the IA/MO border region.  Kind of interesting vis sat loop this afternoon/eve watching the clouds quickly develop and become widespread, and then convection popping up as the sun angle got low.  Looks like the potential for another good soaking tonight.  

Showers and storms have been firing and semi-training here all day.  We haven't had a day like this all summer.

Not a lot of accumulation locally, but some areas nearby have received a healthy dose. The boundary has been slowly floating south and it should drive back north, keeping the rain chances high overnight. It will be a nice night to sleep with the windows open and hear the rain falling and thunder rumbling.

• Like 4

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. Spent time in Chicago seeing some family and got to experience the seasons change on the drive back. 72 in Milwaukee when I drove through, 61 in Madison an hour later and only 50 with rain when I got to Minneapolis. Pockets of maples starting to really show color.

Got down to 45 here under a thick overcast last night. We have a real shot of hitting the upper 30s in the city tonight, and potential for widespread freezes across the northland. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Almost criminal for Sep 8

ia_sfc.gif.72d84523533f9debc07194a41df1927f.gif

Refreshing.  Nice preview of fall.  If it were to stay like this that'd be one thing, but we have a lot of warm days left before cold settles in for good.  High here was 58 at midnight, 55 the highest during the day.  Up to 1.92" since last eve.

• Like 2