• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cheeroip
    Newest Member
    cheeroip

September 2020 Discussion

40 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe, I’ll post more in the New England forum this winter. I sure hope there won’t be another “ratter” to borrow from Jerry’s terminology. Hopefully, things will be better with COVID so that the ski areas can enjoy good business.

Definitely one of my favorite posters. Hope all is well with you and your family.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely one of my favorite posters. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Thanks. All is well with us. I hope everything is well with your family and you, as well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

That was Zonties in the feb 2006 storm, lol. But yeah he was also in SW CT. I think near Danbury. 

Holy throwback almost forgot about that one. Someone has to still have that photo lol

3 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe, I’ll post more in the New England forum this winter. I sure hope there won’t be another “ratter” to borrow from Jerry’s terminology. Hopefully, things will be better with COVID so that the ski areas can enjoy good business.

Please post more here don!  You’re among the most knowledgeable people in the business.  Have a great rest of your weekend and hopefully we keep the rat invisible during the winter of 2020-2021!

• Like 3

My too-short stint of living at Pit2 has come to a close--I'm now in the new place in Westborough and mostly unpacked.

I have determined that while my new location won't snow a lot, it will likely retain well.  I'm just below the crest of Mt. Westborogh.  The front of my house faces north and is shadowed by the  (It's pretty steep) and is heavily treed to boot.  The south side of the house is heavily shaded. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A tD of 60F max isn’t very impressive. 

Folks will feel wet 

will feel a
bit muggy as dewpoints climb into the upper 50s and low 60s by the
end of the day. Southerly flow aloft will advect 925 hPa temperature
of 13-16 degrees Celsius - so expecting highs to top out in 

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Mostly covid. Warmth means everyone is outside and won’t bother me. Will should be there too in a few years.  It was a good summer despite covid. 

Not everyone  I just came out of hibernation :) feels great to go out!!

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dews spike up today and tonight. Ac 

Mine has been on constantly.. I did debate shutting it off and opening  the windows the last two nights though.

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Mostly covid. Warmth means everyone is outside and won’t bother me. Will should be there too in a few years.  It was a good summer despite covid. 

Ha...I’m not choosing 88F humid over 73F coc anytime soon. Maybe if I’m vacationing on a beach for the entire week. But if we’re just outside hiking, throwing the ball around, riding bikes, etc, etc...give me 70s any day. 

6 hours ago, weathafella said:

Please post more here don!  You’re among the most knowledgeable people in the business.  Have a great rest of your weekend and hopefully we keep the rat invisible during the winter of 2020-2021!

Thank you, Jerry. I hope all is well with you.

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ha...I’m not choosing 88F humid over 73F coc anytime soon. Maybe if I’m vacationing on a beach for the entire week. But if we’re just outside hiking, throwing the ball around, riding bikes, etc, etc...give me 70s any day. 

I remember thinking that way. :( 

Nice cool shot Saturday and/or Sunday. Euro has been abysmal lately so not sure I buy the soaker followed by cold. Already seems like the rain slipped SE from 12z. 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I remember thinking that way. :( 

Lol that is like an old lady...wearing a shawl and preferring 90F over mid 70s like the other 90% of the population. 

At least Kevin has a Met now to root along with him in the summer for Atlanta climo. :lol:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He’s slowly changing too. Once he hits 40 , he’ll be there in full

It’s great for biking and hiking, but it’s tough to do with both of us working until the end of the day. The warm weather was nice having them do things as simple as back yard pool/water stuff.  Now we pray for a snowy winter and play in the snow vs mud and 40F. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol that is like an old lady...wearing a shawl and preferring 90F over mid 70s like the other 90% of the population. 

At least Kevin has a Met now to root along with him in the summer for Atlanta climo. :lol:

LOL no old lady at all. I was in shorts and t-shirt into the evening yesterday. 

12 hours ago, kdxken said:

Last week not so much. Idiotic MA rules taking a big bite out of business.

cb.jpg

cb2.jpg

That’s interesting. I was surprised how busy it was yesterday and it was great to see. You’ll never catch me indoors at a restaurant anyways. 

I’m all for these airmass pushes into late October. Perfect temps. Summer is gone and we enjoy mild temps until the next caterpillar stage kicks in, and brings us into winter.

• Like 1

12z euro slides early season blizzard with a little more than one quarter of what they have been following from the stick. Get plows ready.