joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Heat Obs

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, dendrite said:

Made it even with MPM 90.0 criteria

I loved those... 89.9F "We never made it to 90F."  

Anyway, MVL with it's 12th 90-degree day at the ASOS, tying the record for most 90F days at that site.

Looks like BML is at 91F for a max so far... I think they are also at the 12th day of 90F there too.  MVL and BML have been pretty much lock step this summer with max temps.  If one hits 90F the other one does too going back to May.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Check swing for strike 3 as he slams his bat into the ground in frustration, while men in business suits run out onto the diamond to rake the infield dirt between innings.

Untitled.jpg.9cbc0297d612097d9bd8b2efcfd41522.jpg

Apparently it’s not just the grounds crew; they’ve already released shots of the home team warming up…                                   

BaseballSuit.jpg

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Check swing for strike 3 as he slams his bat into the ground in frustration, while men in business suits run out onto the diamond to rake the infield dirt between innings.

Untitled.jpg.9cbc0297d612097d9bd8b2efcfd41522.jpg

Point n click ftom NWS? Lol

I mean up there I’m sure you’ll have 82/50 for a few days But if you’re thinking some cool fall like pattern , that ain’t happening up there. Models already backing off on that mild down today 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mean up there I’m sure you’ll have 82/50 for a few days But if you’re thinking some cool fall like pattern , that ain’t happening up there. Models already backing off on that mild down today 

But that’s what you just said there was none in sight?  Confusing.  And who said anything about a cool fall-like pattern?  Just confused all over.  

It looks near normal up here.  That’s lows/dews in the 50s and highs upper 70s to low 80s.  Chamber of Commerce summer brochure weather.  It’s like you hear that and think someone is calling for first frosts and cool autumn weather.

• Like 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

But that’s what you just said there was none in sight?  Confusing.  And who said anything about a cool fall-like pattern?  Just confused all over.  

It looks near normal up here.  That’s lows/dews in the 50s and highs upper 70s to low 80s.  Chamber of Commerce summer brochure weather. 

I thought you were calling for a cool fall shot . I just don’t see anything but normal up there for a day or three 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I thought you were calling for a cool fall shot . I just don’t see anything but normal up there for a day or three 

We’ll see, I think the next 5-7 days come in pretty close to normal.  Normal being 80/54.

MOS shows this for the next 7 days, almost lock step with the NWS zone forecast:

86/66, 82/56, 81/56, 79/56, 77/57, 76/55 and 75/56

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It looks near normal up here.  That’s lows/dews in the 50s and highs upper 70s to low 80s.  Chamber of Commerce summer brochure weather.  It’s like you hear that and think someone is calling for first frosts and cool autumn weather.

The confusion might just be caused by localized or regional differences – those sorts of temperatures and dew points might not happen until later in the fall for posters from other parts of the country.  So it might feel like you were calling for first frosts and cool autumn weather.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What’s Euro got?

I guess I can look at the models for you, sure.

I can give you a little snap shot if you want (the box is MVL's grid point) at 18z temps so you don't have to check yourself.  Euro looks colder than GFS next week, has some days with highs struggling out of the 60s on Tue/Wed time frame.

Starting Friday the max temps look like: Upper 70s/upper 70s/low 80s/low 70s/low 70s/upper 60s

Untitledb.thumb.jpg.73bb8981a98724424a179a6208e498e4.jpg

Untitled.thumb.jpg.fcca2aecb05f919687652604b6172237.jpg

Untitledbc.thumb.jpg.aecc8b26d6110c58c8fd1e976a20b33e.jpg

Untitledbcd.thumb.jpg.d977fd18c63dc0e5dded8c1637300d67.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I guess I can look at the models for you, sure.

I can give you a little snap shot if you want (the box is MVL's grid point) at 18z temps so you don't have to check yourself.  Euro looks colder than GFS next week, has some days with highs struggling out of the 60s on Tue/Wed time frame.

Starting Friday the max temps look like: Upper 70s/upper 70s/low 80s/low 70s/low 70s/upper 60s

Untitledb.thumb.jpg.73bb8981a98724424a179a6208e498e4.jpg

Untitledbc.thumb.jpg.aecc8b26d6110c58c8fd1e976a20b33e.jpg

Untitledbcd.thumb.jpg.d977fd18c63dc0e5dded8c1637300d67.jpg

Why would I ever look at a model for BTV? I don’t live there lol. I’d also watch what Josephine does to alter the pattern to warmer than modeled as of now for next week. A tropical entity even if it recurves generally pumps ridges . Just keep it in back of mind 

• Weenie 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d also watch what Josephine does to alter the pattern to warmer than modeled as of now for next week. A tropical entity even if it recurves generally pumps ridges . Just keep it in back of mind 

Yeah I actually think the OP EURO is too cold next week... I'd love to have some highs in the 60s but I'd lean more towards the MOS data there of mid-70s. 

Now also, you guys in SNE look to be decently warmer than NNE at times on the Euro.  Like Dendy said though, we start to get to the time of year when those air masses can tickle the northern tier... so talking about my backyard vs. your backyard isn't going to be the same.  We can do COC while BDL is hitting 90F.

Overall I'd lean EPS in the extended... Day 5-10 averaged mean looks pretty darn normal starting next week.

ecmwf-ens_T850aMean_us_6.thumb.png.116107c587fd68cbc2414e39912ef422.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I actually think the OP EURO is too cold next week... I'd love to have some highs in the 60s but I'd lean more towards the MOS data there of mid-70s. 

Now also, you guys in SNE look to be decently warmer than NNE at times on the Euro.  Like Dendy said though, we start to get to the time of year when those air masses can tickle the northern tier... so talking about my backyard vs. your backyard isn't going to be the same.  We can do COC while BDL is hitting 90F.

Overall I'd lean EPS in the extended... Day 5-10 averaged mean looks pretty darn normal starting next week.

ecmwf-ens_T850aMean_us_6.thumb.png.116107c587fd68cbc2414e39912ef422.png

Keep an eye on the pig WAR. It’s right there 

43 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What’s Euro / EPS charts got?

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why would I ever look at a model for BTV? I don’t live there lol.

I am so confused by this whole discussion.  I honestly thought we were talking about up here. 

I'll still stand by in the next week we will see quite a bit of Chamber of Commerce style weather regardless. 

We'll see how the next 10 days plays out.  Looks hotter down your way.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting... just had some breezy conditions (gusts over 20mph) that dropped the dew from near 70F to 59F. 

It does feel a bit more comfortable out, noticeable going from 90/70 to 88/59.  I'm assuming the dew will come back up if the wind levels off.

Ok, so that wasn't just me.  I got to the golf course about the time you posted this.  I was thinking it was going to be a bit miserable but it wasn't all that bad, even walking.