Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Just like Hurricane Bob which I remember well,  very little rain to the east of track but the wind became insane for awhile.  I remember most of the leaves on the trees turning brown on the Cape Cod east of the track with so much salt air

Bob was a complete flop here, if this is similar to that, it’ll be another nothing burger for lots of folks.  

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Bob was a complete flop here, if this is similar to that, it’ll be another nothing burger for lots of folks.  

Well lol a 1 billion dollar disaster to your east wasn't a nuthing burger. Some incredible damage. Nature of tropical systems, you are on the east side of a extratropical transitioning former hurricane .  Pay attention as things could go down quick in spots

• Like 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Well lol a 1 billion dollar disaster to your east wasn't a nuthing burger. Some incredible damage. Nature of tropical systems, you are on the east side of a extratropical transitioning former hurricane .  Pay attention as things could go down quick in spots

Nope you’re right, out East it was a big deal. I was Just saying for western CT/New England it was nothing at all. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I was 10 days without power from bob and 2' of water in the basement, Better prepared today if that would ever be the case again.

• Like 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Your welcome, nice to get thank yous once in a while from my good friends although some cookies would be better, hint lol

An actual bottle of wine and block of cheese goes a long way too, lol, I have not whipped up a batch in a while though.

8 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Bob was a cat 5 compared to this storm in the Merrimack Valley area....

Totally different.  Bob went east.

My brother just texted from Ocean City MD.  Crazy strong winds on the backside now

Very dark just to my west. I'm watching a shelf cloud to my west but moving NNE,  right on the edge of these heavy downpours

2 minutes ago, Pluffmud said:

Is it me or did they change the change the track of Isaias on the 11:00 advisory more westward? Looks like none of the cone covers Connecticut or Massachusetts now. The center crosses further west of NYC

There was a western shift on models very early this morning. Precip shield looks further west than modeled yesterday too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1