• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

Baroclinic Zone

This evening coming down Spruce Peak on our daily dog walk we ran into this guy.  He went down and stood on the work road for a good 10-15 minutes directly in our path and wouldn't let us get by, so we almost went back up top to take a different trail down.  Eventually he did meander off trail and disappeared into the woods.

115978939_10104266233341050_103411655781

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This evening coming down Spruce Peak on our daily dog walk we ran into this guy.  He went down and stood on the work road for a good 10-15 minutes directly in our path and wouldn't let us get by, so we almost went back up top to take a different trail down.  Eventually he did meander off trail and disappeared into the woods.

That’s a young one. Usually the young males only have two or three points and by late July, a fully mature bull moose will have pretty big antlers as they stop growing and shed their velvet by late August/early Sept. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That’s a young one. Usually the young males only have two or three points and by late July, a fully mature bull moose will have pretty big antlers as they stop growing and shed their velvet by late August/early Sept. 

Yeah he was a young male.  Still was crazy though being young that I'm 6'2" and his back was taller than me.

109369278_10104266264299010_240301558436

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Doesn’t look like he is suffering from too many ticks. But hard to tell on a phone. 

Mass with another day below 1.7% positive. 

He looked really healthy, good to see...well fed and no skin issues or missing patches of fur you see sometimes from bad tick infestations.  Him and the dog stared each other down for a long time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Does the moose not know the need to have a mask while hiking for when you need to share the trail?  Good thing you socially distanced yourself.

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Yikes. Another 1000+ death day. New England remains a safe zone. 

Yeah, because we worked hard!  It’s a little disconcerting knowing that tens of thousands of college students are coming back in a few weeks.  My county is close to 0% ir right now but we have 5 colleges 20mi S of us. 

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

All fantastic breweries and  I mean that as somebody who is intimately involved in a brewery and craft beer.  
Jacks Abby makes some of the best lagers in the United States.

Ended up at Cold Harbor in Westborough. Not big but one of my favorites.

• Like 2