Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter 2020

George BM

On 5/9/2020 at 7:05 PM, wxdude64 said:

Yep, I just got in. OUTSTANDING day. Walked around our local lake (6-7 miles) then drove up to the airport (3700 ft el) and just enjoyed the mid 30's and 30 mph wind for probably the last time until October. UNLESS I make it out to son's place in Colorado that is.......

Well, I was proven wrong! Another March in May day to savor before inferno gets cranking over the weekend. Just back from up there again, 33 degrees and heavy clouds and 20-30 mph winds. Walked Bear Loop trail. Not another soul around. About as good as it can get in my book.

I read somewhere this morning that someone (CAPE maybe?) was looking for a place that doesn't hit 90 and has snow basically year round? Not a cheap place, but I can throw out Summit county CO from a personal experience. SLIGHTLY cheaper is going just south into Park county. 

It was 43 this morning here at the house, climbed to 46 about 1pm and now has been falling last 2 hours. Currently 44.8 degrees.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Well, I was proven wrong! Another March in May day to savor before inferno gets cranking over the weekend. Just back from up there again, 33 degrees and heavy clouds and 20-30 mph winds. Walked Bear Loop trail. Not another soul around. About as good as it can get in my book.

I read somewhere this morning that someone (CAPE maybe?) was looking for a place that doesn't hit 90 and has snow basically year round? Not a cheap place, but I can throw out Summit county CO from a personal experience. SLIGHTLY cheaper is going just south into Park county. 

It was 43 this morning here at the house, climbed to 46 about 1pm and now has been falling last 2 hours. Currently 44.8 degrees.

Minus the rain, this has been an epic stretch of weather for you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers here! And especially Mother @mappy ;) I always view you as the somewhat mother of our forum...giving us firm scoldings and timeouts when we need them :)

Thank you!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Here's the trail I've been doing if any of you need a good one with very few people and need to get out of the house:

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/maryland/seneca-creek-greenway-trail-watkins-mill-road-to-frederick-road?u=i

Note: there are many more sections of the Seneca Creek Greenway Trail and you can hop on or off any of them. This section is one of the more traveled ones but even here you might only see 3-4 people on the course of your hike.

Thanks for this.  I’ll check it out.  Can you access the creek for fishing?

1 hour ago, wxdude64 said:

Yeah that was me, but I said where the only months it "cant snow" are the actual summer months. I more had the the Canaan area in mind. There are lots of places like that out west for sure, but yes most are on the pricey side, otherwise you are literally in the middle of nowhere lol.

3 hours ago, jonjon said:

Its a barrel aged pale/strong ale.  Basically we put our non-dryhopped Big Boy Pants in a Buffalo Trace barrel for 6 months.  Much more complexity than I was anticipating.  Very strong, a nice sipper.

That's all me by the sounds of it. With any luck I will be out that way sometime this summer.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah that was me, but I said where the only months it "cant snow" are the actual summer months. I more had the the Canaan area in mind. There are lots of places like that out west for sure, but yes most are on the pricey side, otherwise you are literally in the middle of nowhere lol.

Yep, you can narrow it down to the spine then. Wisp thru Davis and Canaan down to the 'Shoe. Not a lot of 'populated' places thru there either. But enough close to make it work. And trust me, I KNOW about the 'pricey', son lives in Breck area.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

@C.A.P.E. heading to Cambridge today to pick up my RAR order...do you know of any good parks in particular nearby to walk the dog? 

If it's not too far out of your way, Blackwater NWR is worth a visit. About a 10 min drive south from the heart of Cambridge off 50.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

@C.A.P.E. heading to Cambridge today to pick up my RAR order...do you know of any good parks in particular nearby to walk the dog? 

If you are in downtown you can walk along the waterfront down Water Street, that is a pretty section and there is a Marina.  Water Street is walkable  from RAR depending where you park. Great Marsh park is also 5 min from downtown, not much, but a lot of grass and waterfront also.  Sailwinds is near route 50, really small park with a beach.  Bill burton state park has the two fishing peirs, but the Talbot County side has a small waterfront park with beach, not sure how much in the way of trails.  

4 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

If you are in downtown you can walk along the waterfront down Water Street, that is a pretty section and there is a Marina.  Water Street is walkable  from RAR depending where you park. Great Marsh park is also 5 min from downtown, not much, but a lot of grass and waterfront also.  Sailwinds is near route 50, really small park with a beach.  Bill burton state park has the two fishing peirs, but the Talbot County side has a small waterfront park with beach, not sure how much in the way of trails.  

Thanks. Will deff check it out 

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Stop at Terrapin Park right near the Bay bridge in Stevensville. You can also stop at the Winery(liquor store), which has a great selection of craft beers to build your own 6 pack, including the DFH high gravity stuff. They are in the Red Apple Plaza on the end towards Safeway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Stop at Terrapin Park right near the Bay bridge in Stevensville. You can also stop at the Winery(liquor store), which has a great selection of craft beers to build your own 6 pack, including the DFH high gravity stuff. They are in the Red Apple Plaza on the end towards Safeway.

Terrapin is a great park with good trails.

• Like 1

Down here in Buda TX, we are getting hammered by all this heavy rain! It has been smashing us for nearly 2 HOURS!

This is VERY unusual for us. Dry season starts about now. Its so bad I cant even get out to my rain bucket lmao! I'd estimate about 4 inches and still getting hammered by heavy rains!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Down here in Buda TX, we are getting hammered by all this heavy rain! It has been smashing us for nearly 2 HOURS!

This is VERY unusual for us. Dry season starts about now. Its so bad I cant even get out to my rain bucket lmao! I'd estimate about 4 inches and still getting hammered by heavy rains!

Are you in the area with Tornado Warnings?

So I decided today instead of just posting what we are having for dinner I would share the recipe. This is one of my go to easy dinners that looks and tastes like you spent hours on it. 

Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups.

Sauce, while I can and do make my scratch usually from scratch this recipe just get some Italian sausage and brown it up in a pot and then add your favorite jar sauce. 

Cook 8 lasagna noodles and then put them on some waxed paper or parchment paper. 

The filling is 1 container of Ricotta, 1 cup Mozzarella and 1 cup of Parmesan and a box of frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry. Slightly beat one egg in a bowl add all the ingredients from above and salt and pepper to taste and mix it up. Spread the mixture on the lasagna noodles and spread it out. Then roll the lasagna up and place into a cooking dish with some of the sauce spread on the bottom. When all 8 are in the dish cover with more sauce, you will probably have some left over so use that for another quick pasta dish. Add mozzarella and Parmesan and oregano on the top. Then bake @350 for 30-40 min. I have not baked mine yet as it is not dinner so you can put it in the fridge for a bit if made early. Enjoy!

72DF1EFB-BCA5-4CE7-8F46-9C3361E8F315.jpeg

D8E7381E-B56A-423A-AD3C-8CA0946F9534.jpeg

F097D206-4D23-4953-8B2C-381755834E1A.jpeg

• Like 11

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic