• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4

May Banter 2020

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

If schools are only open 1 day a week you will be homeschooling anyway...

Not exactly. I will not be responsible for the learning content. Which is for the best. Being Dyslexic I have my own issues still. :D

Just now, George BM said:

Random question @Mrs.J.

Have you ever thought of or do you plan on opening your own restaurant?

Nope. Having worked in restaurants in HS and college I know what all it requires. 

I only cook and bake for family and friends. I find relaxation in cooking and baking, and a restaurant I do not find relaxing. I am happy to pass along recipes for those who want them though. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Not exactly. I will not be responsible for the learning content. Which is for the best. Being Dyslexic I have my own issues still. :D

I understand that, but it is possible to buy full homeschooling curricula online. If your kids can focus and learn from a talking head on a zoom, this could work out fine.

Beautiful day out for a run in rock creek park, cranked out 8 miles, then flying a kite with the kids and now a fire.  Nice to have this crisp weather in May.  

• Like 5

So did my annual Mother's Day tradition a day early. All I ask for is an unlimited budget at my favorite local nursery. The only thing different is that I usually come home and start planting. I will not be planting till tomorrow afternoon at the earliest most likely Monday. Got a Bahn Mi from a local Vietnamese food truck that was at the nursery for lunch. Was actually a better day for some Pho but the Pork Belly was calling my name in the Bahn Mi. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

So did my annual Mother's Day tradition a day early. All I ask for is an unlimited budget at my favorite local nursery. The only thing different is that I usually come home and start planting. I will not be planting till tomorrow afternoon at the earliest most likely Monday. Got a Bahn Mi from a local Vietnamese food truck that was at the nursery for lunch. Was actually a better day for some Pho but the Pork Belly was calling my name in the Bahn Mi. 

Oh yeah, pho would be real nice...might have to do that actually. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Yeah I’ve been thinking about this.  My 4 yr old now yells “look people coming, we have to cross the street!” if we encounter other people on a walk...not normal. 

Common refrain from daughter is “that looks like fun to do when the virus is over”.  Breaks my heart every time

2 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Beautiful day out for a run in rock creek park, cranked out 8 miles, then flying a kite with the kids and now a fire.  Nice to have this crisp weather in May.  

Yep, I just got in. OUTSTANDING day. Walked around our local lake (6-7 miles) then drove up to the airport (3700 ft el) and just enjoyed the mid 30's and 30 mph wind for probably the last time until October. UNLESS I make it out to son's place in Colorado that is.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

I love this! I get flowers for Mother’s Day too, they went out yesterday in the rain and picked me out quite a few to plant. Happy Mother’s Day to you! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I love this! I get flowers for Mother’s Day too, they went out yesterday in the rain and picked me out quite a few to plant. Happy Mother’s Day to you! 

Happy Mother's Day to you as well. Happy Planting!

• Thanks 1

Don’t know if y’all saw the roadmap graphic but it’s looking to me like Sept may be the time daycare’s open in Maryland. So... my son might be done with daycare.

CFORtvO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

5 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

Don’t know if y’all saw the roadmap graphic but it’s looking to me like Sept may be the time daycare’s open in Maryland. So... my son might be done with daycare.

CFORtvO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Link?

@jonjon is telling lies. I wasn’t the one in control of the tap handles. 

We had a great day trip. Snow squalls on the way out, light snow during our hike through Swallow Falls, and then a social distance hang out with JonJon at the brewery. Their beers are exceptional and it was great getting some tips for my home brews. We decided that we need to organize a MA trip out there when the quarantine is over, and why not?  They’ve got a new rental directly over the brewery that would be perfect for a sizable gang, so no reason not to start thinking about it.

Back to the beers, @mattie g would be proud to know that he helped inspire a Russian Imperial Stout that was still in the fermenter, so definitely a reason for a return trip. We got to sample several of the draft beers, but in the end, we couldn’t decide so just opted on buying a 4-pack of everything available. Also got a growler of one of the sours not in cans. Luckily, we forgot to bring one of the dozen empty growlers taking up cupboard space at home and had to get one of Stumptown’s cool growlers. Think, “I Dream of Jeannie.” He’s also started experimenting with barrel aged stuff and somehow a year old bottle of whiskey barrel aged goodness made it into the cooler. That might be for tomorrow night around the fire pit!

It was a perfect day and nice to catch up with good people. So, what’s everyone drinking now? I may need to crack open one of these “Porter? I Barely Knew Her.”

image.jpeg.2d5d3bd0df15c416e8d1e24389e34873.jpeg

image.jpeg.13e1e1d2fb5be694bd91aceed44e13fd.jpeg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We had a great day trip. Snow squalls on the way out, light snow during our hike through Swallow Falls, and then a social distance hang out with JonJon at the brewery. Their beers are exceptional and it was great getting some tips for my home brews. We decided that we need to organize a MA trip out there when the quarantine is over, and why not?  They’ve got a new rental directly over the brewery that would be perfect for a sizable gang, so no reason not to start thinking about it.

Back to the beers, @mattie g would be proud to know that he helped inspire a Russian Imperial Stout that was still in the fermenter, so definitely a reason for a return trip. We got to sample several of the draft beers, but in the end, we couldn’t decide so just opted on buying a 4-pack of everything available. Also got a growler of one of the sours not in cans. Luckily, we forgot to bring one of the dozen empty growlers taking up cupboard space at home and had to get one of Stumptown’s cool growlers. Think, “I Dream of Jeannie.” He’s also started experimenting with barrel aged stuff and somehow a year old bottle of whiskey barrel aged goodness made it into the cooler. That might be for tomorrow night around the fire pit!

It was a perfect day and nice to catch up with good people. So, what’s everyone drinking now? I may need to crack open one of these “Porter? I Barely Knew Her.”

Sounds like a great day trip!  Swallow Falls is one of our favorite spots especially when its not busy in the summer.  I’m sure it was great with the snow falling.  Hopefully I can make it next time!

Just now, nj2va said:

Sounds like a great day trip!  Swallow Falls is one of our favorite spots especially when its not busy in the summer.  I’m sure it was great with the snow falling.  Hopefully I can make it next time!

Yeah, man. Sorry that it didn’t work out this weekend, but we love it up there, so there will plenty of other opportunities. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

image.jpeg.2d5d3bd0df15c416e8d1e24389e34873.jpeg

image.jpeg.13e1e1d2fb5be694bd91aceed44e13fd.jpeg

You guys are living the American dream man!! 

But where's your beer ? :drunk:

I'm currently sitting by the firepit drinking a double India pale ale baby!

Cheers!!

• Like 3

Just now, PhineasC said:

That's as good a reason as any. This subforum is full of really sensitive people.

And people who are just posting stuff to get a rise out of others and cause trouble.  Why don't you go back to posting about it at the political forum?  Oh wait...

• Like 1

Just now, yoda said:

And people who are just posting stuff to get a rise out of others and cause trouble.  Why don't you go back to posting about it at the political forum?  Oh wait...

I know you are really into setting specific rules and then adhering to them closely. You do you, Yoda.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

They don’t want to hear it in THIS thread. I’ve never censored or reported a single one of your posts nor did I advocate closing that thread so go stump to someone else. 

I know. They need to open the thread back up. It's not harming anyone, and this idea absent Randy who posts here once a month is setting these rules is just about the silliest thing I have ever heard.

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Hogan is going to make us wear masks until we have a widely available vaccine, isn't he? I'll be in New Hampshire.

If that’s what it takes to get you out of this forum...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

And people who are just posting stuff to get a rise out of others and cause trouble.  Why don't you go back to posting about it at the political forum?  Oh wait...

Something happen over there?