• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    David
    Newest Member
    David

COVID-19 Talk

3 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Today is looking bad. Morning update states are mostly in. 22k cases - 700 deaths already. We're heading for a 30k+ cases, 1.2-1.3k death day.

Still growing exponentially.

Louisiana looks terrible. Maryland has actually be pretty good compared to most states.

MD DOH only just started sharing negative tests, 18K I think was the number this morning and only just started opening more test sites.

Out of the hard numbers, we have roughly 2,300 positive cases out of roughly 21,000 tested. This includes those who had to be tested more than once, if its happened. 

what this doesn't include is all those out there who are sick but cannot get tested, which we know is happening. i personally do not know of anyone (in the state) who has wanted a test but couldn't get one, but I am sure many here do know someone like that. 

the numbers are also delayed. the numbers we see today (and I am talking confirmed cases, not deaths) are not real time numbers. tests results are taking anywhere from 3 to 10 days, if not longer, to get back. so numbers today may include those who came ill last week. we may never have a true sense of everyone who was infected for years after this is over. again, another discussion to be had later.

The one thing the state has going for it is Hogan who, IMO, acted quickly to shut things down. Is everyone listening to him? Nope, and they will pay the price for it. But most of us here are doing it, and it means our immediate homes will stay sickness free. we are all doing what we should be doing to stop the spread and keep ourselves safe. 

I personally think overall, when all is said and done, Maryland will come out of this on the better side of things compared to other states of similar populations. I just don't want to get too optimistic based on what we are seeing today. we are still heading up the curve... its going to be another couple weeks before we see improvements. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Today is looking bad. Morning update states are mostly in. 22k cases - 700 deaths already. We're heading for a 30k+ cases, 1.2-1.3k death day.

Still growing exponentially.

Louisiana looks terrible. Maryland has actually be pretty good compared to most states.

Well then we are (sadly) right on target. 

6AAFFE26-F1D3-4275-901A-B6402FEA4162.png

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m worried about the entire south. They’re not doing enough at the state level in most of those states.

Really makes all those COVID body shots during spring break worth it!!!   Wooooooo!!!!  Wet COVID t-shirt contests!!!  Belly flop biggest COVID splash competition!!!!

20 minutes ago, H2O said:

The grown ups are sometimes worse.  Had a video meeting for the pool board I'm on.  One member decided to go do a couple things while it was going on so we got a tour of the house.  Other stories of people taking a dump and more while on these video chats.  Thats why you never schedule early morning ones.  Too many have BMs to do.

Mine so far have been fine. Easy, quick. Mr Map hasn't had issues either, as far as I know. In all honesty, the working from home and managing a kid thing has been really smooth for us the last almost 3 weeks. 

13 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

That’s awesome.  My gf is convinced that our kids will be angels. I have my doubts lol.

we only have the one, so i will never know if any others would be bitches from the start lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

Mine so far have been fine. Easy, quick. Mr Map hasn't had issues either, as far as I know. In all honesty, the working from home and managing a kid thing has been really smooth for us the last almost 3 weeks. 

we only have the one, so i will never know if any others would be bitches from the start lol 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a9fcc88c5c31361523f

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a9fcc88c5c31361523f

yup, probably. the way i see it, we saved the world. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

yup, probably. the way i see it, we saved the world. 

The thing that gets me about that gif is the complete business as usual approach from the sibling. I’ve had some of those moments. In my youth. lol 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mappy said:

Am I the only one that read this like you were talking about your BM’s, in referencing H2Os comment?  ..fine, easy and quick...

• Haha 3

the fights I had with my brother when we were kids were epic

1 minute ago, GATECH said:

Am I the only one that read this like you were talking about your BM’s, in referencing H2Os comment?  ..fine, easy and quick...

3 pages in and this thread has gone to shit

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

This was the most lol of the lol post that I have lol'd at!!! I havent even read the article.. but this MSM Alarmism at it best!

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Gotta say, I’m loving Zoom. Works like a charm. I somewhat never want to do in-person meetings again. Saves a lot of travel time.

We switched to Zoom less than a month ago and it is working perfectly.  Had a big meeting earlier this week and did the multiple breakout rooms and everything.  Stellar.  There is a lot of fretting at the higher levels about productivity, but with the lower number of meetings, no travel, and few distractions, our core productivity is way up.

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

So anyone wearing a mask when going out to get groceries now?

I am heading out shortly. I have a legit respirator for spraying bad shiit. Maybe I will wear it. Should get some interesting looks.

I went to grab groceries at lunchtime today and I'd say 60-70% of people were wearing masks.  Felt like being in a hospital.  It was legit creepy.

Just now, MN Transplant said:

I went to grab groceries at lunchtime today and I'd say 60-70% of people were wearing masks.  Felt like being in a hospital.  It was legit creepy.

I just got back from Giant. I saw quite a bit of that too. Also saw a completely empty TP aisle. A truly bizarre quirk of human nature.

Might have to go get a bidet kit. :yikes:

42 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I just got back from Giant. I saw quite a bit of that too. Also saw a completely empty TP aisle. A truly bizarre quirk of human nature.

Might have to go get a bidet kit. :yikes:

A couple months ago before any of this was even really a thought, my gf was stock piling TP and PTs from Walgreens online because they kept doing crazy cheap deals. I was going to Walgreens to pick up an online order like every week. I was like babe wtf why are you buying all this damn TP and PT, she said I’m practicing my coupon/discount buying. Doesn’t seem like such a bad idea now:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

A couple months ago before any of this was even really a thought, my gf was stock piling TP and PTs from Walgreens online because they kept doing crazy cheap deals. I was going to Walgreens to pick up an online order like every week. I was like babe wtf why are you buying all this damn TP and PT, she said I’m practicing my coupon/discount buying. Doesn’t seem like such a bad idea now:lol:

Yeah that worked out.

6 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

My gf did the exact same thing. She bailed me out lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My gf did the exact same thing. She bailed me out lol.

I live in the woods. Lots of really big oak leaves out there..

• Haha 2

I kind of wonder how we will collectively be psychologically after this. Like, are we going to be collectively traumatized, nervous to go outside and interact with others? You see it in Wuhan, which has opened up but people are staying inside.

21 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I kind of wonder how we will collectively be psychologically after this. Like, are we going to be collectively traumatized, nervous to go outside and interact with others? You see it in Wuhan, which has opened up but people are staying inside.

Yeah this is a good point. We all now realize what needs to be done for now and over the coming weeks, but at the same time many of us are thinking about plans we have made for the summer months, and whether or not they are even realistic at this point. Along those lines, most of us will probably respect and be fearful of the potential for a "relapse", or whatever the proper term is in the context of a pandemic, if we get 'back to normal' too quickly. Interesting times ahead.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah this is a good point. We all now realize what needs to be done for now and over the coming weeks, but at the same time many of us are thinking about plans we have made for the summer months, and whether or not they are even realistic at this point. Along those lines, most of us will probably respect and be fearful of the potential for a "relapse", or whatever the proper term is in the context of a pandemic, if we get 'back to normal' too quickly. Interesting times ahead.

Exactly. Like can you even imagine going in a crowded restaurant right now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

We switched to Zoom less than a month ago and it is working perfectly.  Had a big meeting earlier this week and did the multiple breakout rooms and everything.  Stellar.  There is a lot of fretting at the higher levels about productivity, but with the lower number of meetings, no travel, and few distractions, our core productivity is way up.

Same thing at my company with Microsoft Teams. As an international company, the majority of our meetings were already done virtually, so it's been business as usual the last few weeks. It's actually been really nice to work from home and productivity has been up company-wide. I imagine most businesses going forward will become more lenient about work-from-home or even go entirely remote which will save businesses money in operating costs and employees money and time on travel.

1 minute ago, supernovasky said:

Exactly. Like can you even imagine going in a crowded restaurant right now?

Honestly no. I love going to Rehoboth and going to DFH and all the other cool places, but after a couple months of basically staying at home, that will be a weird transition to make. I mean I am longing for it in my mind, probably even more than usual given the circumstances,  but I may be a little hesitant when we are given the "all clear".

• Like 1

This is why I really don’t think anything will start back up until a vaccine is available.

Good luck getting me to go back to my college campus and hopping into a larger lecture or a dining hall. I’d probably end up taking a really useless gap year, honestly.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I think that's more likely than not, especially if there's a the possibility of a resurgence and no vaccine until 2021. On the other hand, I imagine there will be a lot of people currently going stir-crazy who will immediately return to business as usual as soon as the quarantine is lifted. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Winter Wizard said:

I think that's more likely than not, especially if there's a the possibility of a resurgence and no vaccine until 2021. On the other hand, I imagine there will be a lot of people currently going stir-crazy who will immediately return to business as usual as soon as the quarantine is lifted. 

I think there will be a sizeable portion of people who _want_ to return to business as usual, but I think business as usual will be hard to achieve until we collectively feel safe and we reestablish social norms after being stuck in isolation for so long.