Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter 2020

George BM

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah unfortunately that will always be a mark on his career. But otherwise I agree. 2014 was nothing short of amazing with the roster and injuries that were present. I watched the 2014 division clinch game just a few days ago. The celebration was awesome with the players on the field with their kids and all that stuff and Adam Jones pieing fans 

I was trying to time it right to go to their clinching game. Ubaldo started that game so I didnt think they would win. Had tickets to the next night lol when all the regulars took off lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

We gave up Pete Harnish and Curt Shilling as well. Shilling in particular ended up being a great pitcher and multi allstar.  Finley was a very solid player even before he left . 

Eh the Steve Finley part isn’t quite true...he turned out to be very good from year 8 on...mostly from steroids in my opinion 

2 hours ago, yoda said:

He said he would take his practice swings, get in the box, and then zoom the pitch would go right by before he could even think of swinging lol

He played baseball for quite a while in college and Lower level minors... he was one of those pitchers who threw submarine style, which was kind of new at the time I believe since not many threw that way.  His arm angle was pretty low too.  But he was one of those pitchers who hated giving up HRs and would drill you the next time you came up if he thought you were celebrating too much lol

One of my other favorite baseball stories with my dad was also when he was living in Michigan... he wasn't pitching that night but had a good buddy who was, and he was sitting on the bench.  1st inning starts, and an opponent player absolutely crushes a HR to left field.  He tosses the bat and runs around the bases slowly.  My dad tells his buddy next time to fire the ball at his ribs.  4th inning, guy comes up again.  Curveball catches too much of the plate, ball again destroyed to right field.  Guy starts dancing down first base line and stuff.  My dad charges out of the dugout and plants the guy and starts a brawl in the field.  Think he got something like a 5 game ban at the time

This helps to explain the Penguins stuff. :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Remember the Glenn Davis trade :lmao:

That will stir things up in  here lol

Albert Belle and Sammy Sosa signings too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Imo ...he always had potential and steroids or not he would've and did have a solid career.  Just my opinion 

He very well may have but based on what he did the first 2 seasons with the Os, there was no telling what he would be...and it’s certainly suspicious that after an 8 year career, all the sudden he became a power hitter 

Saw this in the covid thread and brought it over here.  That thread is a wreck.

4 hours ago, supernovasky said:

I've been taking lots of Vit D. I have supplements because honestly, I've had a deficiency even before COVID. This area has far less sunlight than Louisiana where I moved from lol.

My doctor once told me that if you're over 40 and not taking supplements, you probably have a vitamin D deficiency.  I've been taking it for years.  It keeps me spry.  :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Saw this in the covid thread and brought it over here.  That thread is a wreck.

My doctor once told me that if you're over 40 and not taking supplements, you probably have a vitamin D deficiency.  I've been taking it for years.  It keeps me spry.  :lol:

I am a supplement junkie lol. But the combo of D3 and zinc is a great one for men imo.

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Well this baseball talk has been great. Thanks guys. I made it thru over half of my growler. Probably about 48 oz of the 64 out the 9.4% marshmallow stout growler so good buzz going. Thinking of having one more bottled beer, but my heart rate is saying eh idk

Do it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

New project. Taking an unused book shelf and going to Fallout 76 it. Husband works at Bethesda Game Studios and we have turned our downstairs into a game room. Already did a Nuka Cola coffee table. 

61FBDC71-420E-4783-B45E-9151A615713F.jpeg

Does @Eskimo Joe know this? I believe he is a Fallout fan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

This helps to explain the Penguins stuff. :ph34r:

Albert Belle and Sammy Sosa signings too. 

Albert Belle would of had good several good seasons left in him but a hip injury ended his career. Now for Sammy Sosa , I dont know WTF the Orioles were thinking there.

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Albert Belle would of had good several good seasons left in him but a hip injury ended his career. Now for Sammy Sosa , I dont know WTF the Orioles were thinking there.

Don't  forget we also took a flyer on an aging Vlad Guerrero. We also brought back a roided up David Segui and payed him good money for a 3 or 4 year deal only to see him hurt every other day and never play much.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Dont first we also took a flyer on an aging Vlad Guerrero. We also brought back a roided up David Segui and payed him good money for a 3 or 4 year deal only to see him hurt every other day and never play much.

I’ll live with Vlad. Dude was a natural hitter. But Sosa and Segui made no sense 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Gonna suck to see the league have his gimmick figured out and watching the struggle to become a pocket passer. He may never make it. 

Now I see why people bash you in the Covid thread lmao. I wasn’t a complete believer at first but come on. Watch the highlights. The dude is a player. Can he work on his passing skills some? Sure. But he’s a tremendous athlete, and the Ravens are in great shape with him and the rest of the young core moving forward 

15 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Now I see why people bash you in the Covid thread lmao. I wasn’t a complete believer at first but come on. Watch the highlights. The dude is a player. Can he work on his passing skills some? Sure. But he’s a tremendous athlete, and the Ravens are in great shape with him and the rest of the young core moving forward 

Check back next season, homer.

• H2O unpinned this topic