Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I noticed some improvement with that design with the small droplet rains.

Looks like SI has just the cone in stock.

https://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/parts/vantage-pro2-parts/rain-cone-and-parts/davis-6462/

P/N 6461 is the cone without the logo on it. Same price.

I still need to get the anemometer on roof with a wireless transmitter. Any good preview on those?

1.6” here but almost 3” in Randolph I saw. 

Today looks much better than guidance. N wind, but dry air really working in now and skies already partly cloudy...mid to upper levels aren’t nearly as cold as you’d think given the Synoptics, so most of us who get the early April sun can easily push well into the 50’s...

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I still need to get the anemometer on roof with a wireless transmitter. Any good preview on those?

1.6” here but almost 3” in Randolph I saw. 

Review? I have the wireless anny transmitter and it works great. You just need to set it up with the console as station 1 so it sees more frequent updates and put the ISS as station 2. You know this, but of course if you have a lot of tall trees it’s going to affect your velocity and direction anyway. So I guess you need to decide if it’s worth it. If you’re only blocked one one side maybe it is. 

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Review? I have the wireless anny transmitter and it works great. You just need to set it up with the console as station 1 so it sees more frequent updates and put the ISS as station 2. You know this, but of course if you have a lot of tall trees it’s going to affect your velocity and direction anyway. So I guess you need to decide if it’s worth it. If you’re only blocked one one side maybe it is. 

I don’t have woods, but oaks all around. It still rips good on the roof and there is exposure. I was always curious with some of the gusts, but I’d have to center it on the roof and mount it. I have a tri pod given to me from gibbsfreeenergy. 

Wish we could get some warmth in here...but the pattern is absolute Ka-Ka for the next 10-12 days. 

At least with some sun we can get 50s... maybe touch 60 if lucky. Better than 40F and drizzle. But it would be nice to get a few rounds of 67-75. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Today looks much better than guidance. N wind, but dry air really working in now and skies already partly cloudy...mid to upper levels aren’t nearly as cold as you’d think given the Synoptics, so most of us who get the early April sun can easily push well into the 50’s...

You sure? Still socked in bad here.  Not fun.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Get that effing clearing  down here. 

Ha, I'm refreshing the loop saying the same thing. 

Need it.  Want it. 

Looks like some Soviet era movie set here with gray skies, nothing growing at all, brown lawn, sticks and a few rotting snowbanks. 

Maybe I'll take a walk to the local nuclear reactor.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, I'm refreshing the loop saying the same thing. 

Need it.  Want it. 

Looks like some Soviet era movie set here with gray skies, nothing growing at all, brown lawn, sticks and a few rotting snowbanks. 

Maybe I'll take a walk to the local nuclear reactor.

Kevin says we’re in full greenout 

5651FD47-11B6-4A98-A0A8-6AED709E3AF6.jpeg

• Haha 1