• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Good Luck to you and the family.  That’s our biggest fear now is someone in the house getting it.  The kids are 2 and 7 and with the smaller house and only one bathroom we don’t see how we could isolate properly.  Are your kids in school or are you thinking there was a spread at gymnastics?  I was surprised when we went orange they allowed the dance places and gym studios to stay open.  Keep us updated on how you all are holding up.  

It was definitely gymnastics. Unfortunately it’s well too documented who was sick and how it was spread. The kids were going to school but the incredibly efficient (of course I’m crackin wise) Williamsville Central School district pulled that plug and were just beginning to try and reopen. When it comes to  the dance centers and gymnastics centers I can only speak to the one my daughter goes to 6 days a week and they are not following protocol at all. They are very complicit in what is going on. And thank you for the good thoughts, I will definitely keep updating. 

Screenshot_20201212-121245.png

Lister had been experiencing COVID symptoms in the days leading up to his death ... according to his manager, Cindy Cowan.

Cowan tells CNN that Tiny began feeling sick a week ago, but he got worse quickly -- couldn't breathe and felt very weak.

She says he was supposed to work on a movie set last weekend but had to cancel due to his breathing difficulties, and he also canceled a Zoom appearance for a TV festival Wednesday. That night is when Cowan says friends and family tried to call and check on him, but their calls went on answered.

• Sad 3

EXPLAIN:     China has just 87,000 cases and 4,600 dead in 1 years time.            If they were the US they would now  have 75,000,000 cases and about 1,800,000 dead;

The epidemic started there, they have no vaccinated population to speak of, but we know they all wear masks and tracking must work there also.

Our vaccine trials did not give the virus directly to anyone.          Remember all 44,000 subjects continued doing every thing the same with masks and social distancing.

I conclude the vaccine did not do anything.      The  vaccinated group fared no better than a random group of Chineese people of the same size.       It was the MASKS mostly that protected them in the study.        But Mask wearing is going to crash and the virus will explode, except for the benefits of summer solar radiation, heat and higher RH.

Where is the flaw in this argument?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

EXPLAIN:     China has just 87,000 cases and 4,600 dead in 1 years time.            If they were the US they would now  have 75,000,000 cases and about 1,800,000 dead;

The epidemic started there, they have no vaccinated population to speak of, but we know they all wear masks and tracking must work there also.

Our vaccine trials did not give the virus directly to anyone.          Remember all 44,000 subjects continued doing every thing the same with masks and social distancing.

I conclude the vaccine did not do anything.      The  vaccinated group fared no better than a random group of Chineese people of the same size.       It was the MASKS mostly that protected them in the study.        But Mask wearing is going to crash and the virus will explode, except for the benefits of summer solar radiation, heat and higher RH.

The flaw is you are trusting the numbers coming out of China.......

• Like 4

On 12/11/2020 at 10:18 PM, Thinksnow18 said:

It was definitely gymnastics. Unfortunately it’s well too documented who was sick and how it was spread. The kids were going to school but the incredibly efficient (of course I’m crackin wise) Williamsville Central School district pulled that plug and were just beginning to try and reopen. When it comes to  the dance centers and gymnastics centers I can only speak to the one my daughter goes to 6 days a week and they are not following protocol at all. They are very complicit in what is going on. And thank you for the good thoughts, I will definitely keep updating. 

How have you guys been holding up?  Just got the call that my 7 year old has tested positive.  She woke up yesterday said she had a headache and felt really cold.  She took a midday nap which she never does and woke up with a 101 fever. Went for the rapid test this morning and there it was.  Only conflicting thing now is when me and my wife should get tested.  My primary told me to wait 3-4 days from when my daughter became symptomatic, as a test to soon may not detect it right away, but my wifes primary said since we all live together she could get a test today and it would be accurate.  Confusing.

2 hours ago, CIK62 said:

Really!? Did you not see the graphs showing how those who got placebo continued to contract the virus while those who got the vaccine didn’t? DO YOU THINK THE CDC/FDA IS LYING TO YOU? What’s their motive?
I believe that you’ve embraced a certain narrative and no matter what anyone says or proves you’ll continue to hold firm to whatever your right wing propaganda is. 
Im getting the Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday because I’m a frontline medical worker. Can’t tell you how grateful I am to be getting that. I scanned three desperately ill people on Sunday. All in their early 50s/ late 40s. 
Perhaps you should read above and see that Steve’s kid caught it. Instead of spreading dangerous nonsense perhaps you should broaden your perspective beyond Newsmax, OAN and talk radio. It might save a life. SMH image.thumb.png.a4637966943db2704434787099b26bc9.png

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

How have you guys been holding up?  Just got the call that my 7 year old has tested positive.  She woke up yesterday said she had a headache and felt really cold.  She took a midday nap which she never does and woke up with a 101 fever. Went for the rapid test this morning and there it was.  Only conflicting thing now is when me and my wife should get tested.  My primary told me to wait 3-4 days from when my daughter became symptomatic, as a test to soon may not detect it right away, but my wifes primary said since we all live together she could get a test today and it would be accurate.  Confusing.

First off Steve I hope your daughter gets better soon!!! As I was told we had wait 5-7 days from the first positive test. They include that day so tomorrow is our day 5 and the 4 of us are being tested tomorrow morning. Here’s the rub...once you have a positive case in your home you must receive the full nasal frontal lobotomy and wait the 3-to 5 standard days to wait for the results. Of any of you turn up positive you can go back up to 5 days to the original positive test and then your 10 days begins from there if you had symptoms. Myself and my wife have minor cold symptoms but our daughter who tested positive has a soar throat and nasty cough...so far (knocking on wood) no one has had a fever, lost taste or smell or short of breath. The process for this is decent and is pretty helpful. The contract tracer called us Sunday evening and is really unhappy with her gymnastics center. They will be contacting them today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand how these trials were conducted and how results were obtained.       Did you ask yourself why a third group who actually was exposed (after 6-weeks on the vaccine regiment) to an especially efficacious viral load by being asked to breath this>>> CoVID19-laden-AIR---------was not present?       There must be some healthy brave souls out there willing to make $1,000 bucks-----the drug companies are willing to make 100's of Billion$)   So now touch this contaminated surface dear fellows and gals and then put your hands  near your mouth, up your nose and rub your eyes?         The test would be over in three weeks after that and we would know if the vaccines work.      Either way we do not know about long term safety-----only that the vaccine can not be used in a Capitol Punishment Execution, it kills too slowly.

Why is our government helping  China to cover up this  gross ratio mismatch.          We have more cases in one day than China has had in a year!!!        Every two days now we lose more people than they did in a whole year.      All that with 1/5th the population.       Wake Up!       We are a laughing stock of the world.          Realize,  that in 10 months of exposure 90% of the US population has not fallen ill that we know of-----and they didn't take a vaccine!!!    That is almost as good as the subjects that took a test shot.       It must be the Masks, and Social Distancing.

You think our spy satellites do not know what is happening in China?         Look,  I am not here to argue.        Give me some answers that make sense.        If China has a workable vaccine make them share it.      

4 hours ago, CIK62 said:

I understand how these trials were conducted and how results were obtained.       Did you ask yourself why a third group who actually was exposed (after 6-weeks on the vaccine regiment) to an especially efficacious viral load by being asked to breath this>>> CoVID19-laden-AIR---------was not present?       There must be some healthy brave souls out there willing to make $1,000 bucks-----the drug companies are willing to make 100's of Billion$)   So now touch this contaminated surface dear fellows and gals and then put your hands  near your mouth, up your nose and rub your eyes?         The test would be over in three weeks after that and we would know if the vaccines work.      Either way we do not know about long term safety-----only that the vaccine can not be used in a Capitol Punishment Execution, it kills too slowly.

Why is our government helping  China to cover up this  gross ratio mismatch.          We have more cases in one day than China has had in a year!!!        Every two days now we lose more people than they did in a whole year.      All that with 1/5th the population.       Wake Up!       We are a laughing stock of the world.          Realize,  that in 10 months of exposure 90% of the US population has not fallen ill that we know of-----and they didn't take a vaccine!!!    That is almost as good as the subjects that took a test shot.       It must be the Masks, and Social Distancing.

You think our spy satellites do not know what is happening in China?         Look,  I am not here to argue.        Give me some answers that make sense.        If China has a workable vaccine make them share it.      

You are asking me to make sense of mushed-up conspiratorial thinking. It’s not possible. 
You clearly don’t understand how vaccine trials work. A third group that is purposefully exposed?!?! Ridiculous. 

• Like 2

The nascent Vaccine is already about to be challenged by latest strain just found in Wales, GB etc.        If it fails...........................      Could set world back a year and will have wasted 100's of Billion$.

Remember this coronavirus does not let useless mutations continue.       It actually checks for errors in the copies it is making-----just like information engineers use mathematical checks on digital data sent over noisy channels.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/new-covid-strain-uk-what-are-the-symptoms-of-the-mutated-form-of-the-virus-and-will-the-vaccine-still-work/ar-BB1bWosW

22 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

First off Steve I hope your daughter gets better soon!!! As I was told we had wait 5-7 days from the first positive test. They include that day so tomorrow is our day 5 and the 4 of us are being tested tomorrow morning. Here’s the rub...once you have a positive case in your home you must receive the full nasal frontal lobotomy and wait the 3-to 5 standard days to wait for the results. Of any of you turn up positive you can go back up to 5 days to the original positive test and then your 10 days begins from there if you had symptoms. Myself and my wife have minor cold symptoms but our daughter who tested positive has a soar throat and nasty cough...so far (knocking on wood) no one has had a fever, lost taste or smell or short of breath. The process for this is decent and is pretty helpful. The contract tracer called us Sunday evening and is really unhappy with her gymnastics center. They will be contacting them today.

Thanks.  She’s doing much better today, fever is gone and she more active.  My wife got hit hard today keeps getting waves of full body aches and extreme exhaustion.  She takes a nap and wakes up an hour or two later feeling perfectly fine.  I am still yet to experience anything I would call a symptom.  I’m either about to get hit in the next day or two, asymptomatic, or I already had it and never knew it.  Wife and myself both went and got the nasal probe test today.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Thanks.  She’s doing much better today, fever is gone and she more active.  My wife got hit hard today keeps getting waves of full body aches and extreme exhaustion.  She takes a nap and wakes up an hour or two later feeling perfectly fine.  I am still yet to experience anything I would call a symptom.  I’m either about to get hit in the next day or two, asymptomatic, or I already had it and never knew it.  Wife and myself both went and got the nasal probe test today.  

First I’m happy to hear your daughter feels better and I have had similar symptoms your wife has but much less extreme luckily. While our positive Covid daughter stayed home the 4 of us went to NCCC to get our lobotomies...I’m certain that probe went into my throat...

11 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

First vaccines going to first responders in WNY today, Also @rochesterdave Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Won’t matter practically speaking. Goalposts already being moved.  Vaccine dispersal won’t enable removal of distancing requirements, mask wearing and other economic restrictions.  Nice as a science project but if public health officials are going to continue this policy then my interest in the vaccine becomes almost zero.  I’ll get it when it’s available but I do the same with flu shots.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm surprised it isn't mandatory for first responders dealing primarily with the elderly. They will likely have to wear masks for years to come their entire shift.

The policy in place for flu vaccine is that they are to wear a mask if not vaccinated. I’m not sure of the legal ramifications of forced vaccinations but could imagine it would be challenging. 

2 hours ago, winter_rules said:

If you have already had the virus, are you still supposed to get the vaccine?  Has anyone seen any evidence of more/less protection either way (vaccine vs. natural antibodies)? 

From my research it seems reinfection is pretty rare. I'm sure you can get it again but the symptoms would be very minor? I'm not sure if you get reinfected if you're still contagious the 2nd bout, I would presume you would be however rare it is. 

3 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

The policy in place for flu vaccine is that they are to wear a mask if not vaccinated. I’m not sure of the legal ramifications of forced vaccinations but could imagine it would be challenging. 

I talked to a nurse yesterday and she said she is sick of wearing masks all day at work. She said before covid they really only wore them during surgical procedures. 

If you have already had the virus, are you still supposed to get the vaccine?  Has anyone seen any evidence of more/less protection either way (vaccine vs. natural antibodies)? 

Some more vaccine news released from the FDA review of the Moderna data. In the Moderna study, they apparently swabbed all trial participants prior to their second dose and found that there was also a reduction in asymptomatic transmission by 64%. 

This is a follow up on a couple posts I had with OSU and Hoosier last week regarding the Pfizer/Biontech study. That study looked at only symptomatic patients so it is possible the vaccines are only effective at preventing symptoms/reducing disease severity and not necessarily preventing infection. This new data from Moderna provides more evidence that the Moderna vaccine probably does both. Since the vaccines are both using the same technology, I think it's a safe assumption that both mRNA vaccines will provide similar benefits to the recipient.

And hopefully they are even more potent at preventing transmission after both doses because the finding was only after the first dose.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1251237?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

I’ve been wondering this too.  Does the vaccine give you permanent immunity?  Look at the flu shot, you need one every year as the dominant strain keeps changing.  We’re just passing year one on corona.  Isn’t it possible the strain could change just enough to keep circulating and make the vaccine given now have no effect?  As far as natural antibodies, I thought they only stay in the body for roughly 6 months.  Have heard of people who got in March/April being reinfected in the fall.  I know there is talk about the “T cells” (think that’s what there called) remembering the virus code and giving the body a leg up on better fighting the virus, but not the same as having an antibody load already present.  

2 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

I’ve been wondering this too.  Does the vaccine give you permanent immunity?  Look at the flu shot, you need one every year as the dominant strain keeps changing.  We’re just passing year one on corona.  Isn’t it possible the strain could change just enough to keep circulating and make the vaccine given now have no effect?  As far as natural antibodies, I thought they only stay in the body for roughly 6 months.  Have heard of people who got in March/April being reinfected in the fall.  I know there is talk about the “T cells” (think that’s what there called) remembering the virus code and giving the body a leg up on better fighting the virus, but not the same as having an antibody load already present.  

Check my post above, seems moderna vaccine does.

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic