• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    shawanta003
    Newest Member
    shawanta003

31 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Since you brought it up, sure he will be able to do alot, alot of damage to our economy with a mandated lockdown. 

Lockdowns should be a last resort, break the glass option.  If we get to that point, it is our own fault.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stebo said:

When you have local law enforcement not enforcing this then we already have issues, and no you don't need to mask up in a car or your house. Why must everything be hyperbole to you guys?

Federally mask mandate is a non starter. Asking cops to enforce mask wearing especially in minority communities is just asking for trouble. The essential problem has always been the lack of leadership and the administration undermining public health and general science. CDC needs to be taking the front role and working with state health departments. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

Federally mask mandate is a non starter. Asking cops to enforce mask wearing especially in minority communities is just asking for trouble. The essential problem has always been the lack of leadership and the administration undermining public health and general science. CDC needs to be taking the front role and working with state health departments. 

Yeah I don't mean a law, but at least messaging from the Feds. There is no messaging at all from the feds even to this point.

Spain announces new state of emergency as COVID infections soar

MADRID, Oct 25 (Reuters) - Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez announced a new state of emergency on Sunday in an effort to curb soaring coronavirus infections, imposing local nighttime curfews and banning travel between regions in some cases.

The measures go into force from Sunday night and will require all regions except the Canary Islands to impose a nighttime curfew and limit the number of people allowed to meet to six.

"We are living in an extreme situation ... it is the most serious health crisis in the last century," he told a news conference following a cabinet meeting.

https://news.trust.org/item/20201025140500-8md1q

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Stores aren't universally enforcing especially now that the mandate went away, and there was a restaurant at my work that just was full of people with no masks on. I am not deflecting shit, sorry I want safety over whatever bullshit you want.

I will say that everywhere I've been everyone has been good with wearing masks.

1 minute ago, michsnowfreak said:

Good yes, but there are still some out there that don't care or are negligent.

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

I ran into the local Wal Mart this afternoon. Was there for less than 10 minutes and lost count at 53 the number of people without masks. I am estimating that 50% were maskless, and that's not counting the people wearing them improperly. No wonder Indiana numbers are skyrocketing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

I ran into the local Wal Mart this afternoon. Was there for less than 10 minutes and lost count at 53 the number of people without masks. I am estimating that 50% were maskless, and that's not counting the people wearing them improperly. No wonder Indiana numbers are skyrocketing.

Yikes.  My experience when going into places has been that almost everybody is wearing one (maybe I should check a Walmart for an apples to apples comparison :fever:) but some people definitely aren't wearing them properly.  

By the way, Lake county's daily case number was higher than Marion county today, so I can't imagine what it would be like if I routinely saw 50% of people not wearing masks.

10 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Weird. Here in Toledo I'd say it's like 1% that doesn't were a mask.  Actually, I was in Kroger just today and didn't see a single person without a mask.  We have very different Governors though.  DeWine has actually had a great balance.  

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Yikes.  My experience when going into places has been that almost everybody is wearing one (maybe I should check a Walmart for an apples to apples comparison :fever:) but some people definitely aren't wearing them properly.  

By the way, Lake county's daily case number was higher than Marion county today, so I can't imagine what it would be like if I routinely saw 50% of people not wearing masks.

I mentioned to my wife that I feel that it's demographics. What I mean is that whenever I go in early in the day, I noticed that about 80-90% are wearing masks. If I go in during the mid to late afternoon, the percentages drop by a lot. I have also noticed that during late afternoon, many more shoppers are younger.  I fell like there is a correlation of age determining the percentage of wearers.

3 hours ago, dta1984 said:

I'll go ahead and add the full quote.   This administration was in an impossible position, and has had ups and downs.

“We’re not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation efforts,”

How many more months until a vaccine comes out? How are uninsured people going to get access to any of this after ACA is struck down? Long-term effects still aren’t fully understood, but let’s give up on trying to control the spread.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

Weird. Here in Toledo I'd say it's like 1% that doesn't were a mask.  Actually, I was in Kroger just today and didn't see a single person without a mask.  We have very different Governors though.  DeWine has actually had a great balance.  

Gov Holcomb actually wanted a fine for people not wearing a mask, but the state atty general pushed back on it and it never happened (a factor could've been that there's some personal beef between the two which posters in IN may know what I'm referring to) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

How many more months until a vaccine comes out? How are uninsured people going to get access to any of this after ACA is struck down? Long-term effects still aren’t fully understood, but let’s give up on trying to control the spread.

Exactly, them saying we give up right now as things skyrocket is just insane. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Exactly, them saying we give up right now as things skyrocket is just insane. 

This administration has really messed this up in every conceivable way possible. Just shameful 

4 hours ago, dta1984 said:

I'll go ahead and add the full quote.   This administration was in an impossible position, and has had ups and downs.

“We’re not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation efforts,”

An impossible position? We have the worst death rate of developed nations. Why do you even bother voting for such an important position if you don’t think the person you’re voting for should be held accountable for anything? 

Also, how are these therapeutics going to work when hospitals are already having to ration supplies, while cases are still going up? Utah is going to have to in a week or two, and hospitalization rates lag behind positive cases.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/10/25/with-coronavirus-cases/

6 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

An impossible position? We have the worst death rate of developed nations. Why do you even bother voting for such an important position if you don’t think the person you’re voting for should be held accountable for anything? 

Also, how are these therapeutics going to work when hospitals are already having to ration supplies, while cases are still going up? Utah is going to have to in a week or two, and hospitalization rates lag behind positive cases.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/10/25/with-coronavirus-cases/

Maybe you didn't quite comprehend what I said.   I said they were in an impossible position.  That is a fact, this is unprecedented.  The response they have had has had ups and downs.  That part is up for debate, and obviously your political views will cloud your response. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Maybe you didn't quite comprehend what I said.   I said they were in an impossible position.  That is a fact, this is unprecedented.  The response they have had has had ups and downs.  That part is up for debate, and obviously your political views will cloud your response. 

The only reason this was an impossible situation is we have someone who yields a lot of influence on impressionable minds saying from the start that this was a hoax. And then there were less than 15 cases and it’d be gone. And then it’d go away in April. And then belittled reporters/political opponents for wearing a mask. 

The fact that you don’t see the trend here speaks volumes. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

It isn't impossible, we have the worst rates around. Other developed nations don't have nearly the problems. Every time someone disagrees with you, you complain "its political views clouding". Maybe it is your lack of understanding the dire situation that is clouding your judgement.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

The only reason this was an impossible situation is we have someone who yields a lot of influence on impressionable minds saying from the start that this was a hoax. And then there were less than 15 cases and it’d be gone. And then it’d go away in April. And then belittled reporters/political opponents for wearing a mask. 

The fact that you don’t see the trend here speaks volumes. 

"Its political" says someone that doesn't want to acknowledge that one political party is purposely doing the least possible.

• Like 2

Just now, Stebo said:

It isn't impossible, we have the worst rates around. Other developed nations don't have nearly the problems. Every time someone disagrees with you, you complain "its political views clouding". Maybe it is your lack of understanding the dire situation that is clouding your judgement.

It is a damn unprecedented epidemic.  It is an impossible situation. 

No it's your closed minded views clouding yourself. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, dta1984 said:

You really are lost here, you'd do yourself a favor and stop posting because you are really out of your element on this one. It is not impossible, other countries have limited infection rates because their leadership actually cares and did something. So don't bitch about politics because I am pointing to other countries, not this one. This country's leadership did nothing. Period.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stebo said:

Yeah I don't mean a law, but at least messaging from the Feds. There is no messaging at all from the feds even to this point.

You still haven't explained how this would change those who are not wearing masks.  Ok so you don't want it enforced.... So the "feds" saying they recommend you wear a mask will really change anything?

• Weenie 1

If it's impossible then why has it been done in other countries? Don't tell me it's because they're smaller, because you'd be the first to say that they're also poorer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

Why was controlled spread *possible* for other countries? Why is it impossible for us? 

• Like 1

Just now, dta1984 said:

You still haven't explained how this would change those who are not wearing masks.  Ok so you don't want it enforced.... So the "feds" saying they recommend you wear a mask will really change anything?

Yes because people blindly follow what this administration does. Like how do you not have any sort of situational awareness?

• Like 1