• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

43 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Super impressive Tornado signature (earlier) on radar near GA/SC coastal border:

Torsig.jpg

We're in Hilton Head, SC. That passed just south of us, thank God! I was up at 7 or so tracking these. Another one formed just to our north as well. Intense line, heavy rain and lots of lighting...no too much wind. No basement to hide in down here.

20200413_083004.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Super impressive Tornado signature (earlier) on radar near GA/SC coastal border:

Torsig.jpg

My cousin lives in Upstate South Carolina in between Seneca and Clemson. He is a grad. student there. He was posting pictures/video on FB of all the damage there. They got hit HARD! The campus itself just got missed.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Fortunately the wind hasn’t been too bad here so far. Was bracing for much worse with the “once in 20-30 year storm event” talk from BUF. 65 mph in Fredonia is impressive though. 

I’d be shocked if we gusted above 50 here. What a bust of an event. Glad though as we don’t need more problems on top of all this other stuff going on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Fortunately the wind hasn’t been too bad here so far. Was bracing for much worse with the “once in 20-30 year storm event” talk from BUF. 65 mph in Fredonia is impressive though. 

Well we knew by yesterday that the GFS was a massive outlier and to expect a high end advisory event instead of anything noteworthy.  The NWS did a decent job of attempting to backtrack on the doomsday predictions but the word usually is slow to get to the gen pub. 

65mph is impressive but someplace in the buffalo area just gusted to 68mph within the past few weeks so the area is quite battle hardened.  Over the last 5 years it seems that mid 60mph+ gusts have become much more frequent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Well we knew by yesterday that the GFS was a massive outlier and to expect a high end advisory event instead of anything noteworthy.  The NWS did a decent job of attempting to backtrack on the doomsday predictions but the word usually is slow to get to the gen pub. 

65mph is impressive but someplace in the buffalo area just gusted to 68mph within the past few weeks so the area is quite battle hardened.  Over the last 5 years it seems that mid 60mph+ gusts have become much more frequent. 

That was actually KBUF that gusted to 68 mph during the severe thunderstorms a couple weeks ago. BUF gusted to 56 and ROC 51 today. Not super impressive 

1 hour ago, cny rider said:

I've just had it with being cold.

60 with sun....is that too much to ask?

In upstate NY it seems like it is.

Consider yourself lucky.  This is what we're dealing with in the UP still.  

Tired of the snow this year.  I literally dream of warm, puffy-cloud days outside barefoot... lol 

IMG_2803.JPG.c1e0e1eb96c353ba32953fdc06168202.JPG

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Tired of the snow this year.  I literally dream of warm, puffy-cloud days outside barefoot... lol 

That looks like heaven on earth. If it’s going to be deep and somewhat useful it can hang around into early May in my book. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, cny rider said:

I've just had it with being cold.

60 with sun....is that too much to ask?

In upstate NY it seems like it is.

Seems we’re getting the pattern now that was entirely absent when we want it, from late Novie thru mid March. Temps consistently 10-20 deg below normal with frequent short waves rolling thru over 2 weeks. Entirely predictable that it comes now in April. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

I think UP of Michigan is the only place in the USA this winter with above average snowfall, pretty remarkable considering how little cold air and lake effect we had.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Seems we’re getting the pattern now that was entirely absent when we want it, from late Novie thru mid March. Temps consistently 10-20 deg below normal with frequent short waves rolling thru over 2 weeks. Entirely predictable that it comes now in April. 

I would love Winter weather from Late Nov to Early March. I just wish we had seasons in seasons. I hate the month of April, windy/rainy is just the worst. However, summer is by far my favorite season. Really hoping we can make a quick transition next month.

37 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I would love Winter weather from Late Nov to Early March. I just wish we had seasons in seasons. I hate the month of April, windy/rainy is just the worst. However, summer is by far my favorite season. Really hoping we can make a quick transition next month.

Wonder if there’s any correlation between cold April’s here and the following summer.  Looks like we should build up a pretty solid negative departure over the next couple weeks.