• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Good luck to you as well. What's your DP? Surface temps were quite toasty up to Liberty. 

Got as high as 43/21 by now down to 39/27 with first hints of precip starting. Meat of the snow should be from 6 to midnight then warmer air punches in curbing the snow around here to maybe 2-4 but higher elevations to my north will likely get the advertised 4-7.

11 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Got as high as 43/21 by now down to 39/27 with first hints of precip starting. Meat of the snow should be from 6 to midnight then warmer air punches in curbing the snow around here to maybe 2-4 but higher elevations to my north will likely get the advertised 4-7.

Not terrible. I'd be happy with 4, really hoping for 7 but at this stage anything is gravy. Snow slowly picking up here visibility dropping.

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Not terrible. I'd be happy with 4, really hoping for 7 but at this stage anything is gravy. Snow slowly picking up here visibility dropping.

Yep, anything counts because it looks like this is it for the next 6+ months. I'm favoring the lower end of that 2-4 for me but if we get into any 1"+ rates for a time it could easily approach the 4".

3 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Yep, anything counts because it looks like this is it for the next 6+ months. I'm favoring the lower end of that 2-4 for me but if we get into any 1"+ rates for a time it could easily approach the 4".

Timing is on our side, although an hour or two slower wouldve been ideal but I can't complain 2 consecutive weeks of daytime snow in mid-late April is a win.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Timing is on our side, although an hour or two slower wouldve been ideal but I can't complain 2 consecutive weeks of daytime snow in mid-late April is a win.

And the warmer ground kinda goes against me at lower elevation as well, but again it's a win. Going to make sure I get some pics tomorrow morning asap before the melting commences.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

And the warmer ground kinda goes against me at lower elevation as well, but again it's a win. Going to make sure I get some pics tomorrow morning asap before the melting commences.

Yeah but just about the coldest ground you could ask for given the calendar, not to worried about it here given the sporadic snow in the shade. Really starting to pick up here. 

As I figured the warmer ground has made it a struggle to accumulate at hour one thus far. Still thinking 2-4 but not expecting it to start sticking for at least the next hour/the sun going down.

Probably would only result in wet roads anyway; who's even wanting to be out given current events anyway?

43 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

As I figured the warmer ground has made it a struggle to accumulate at hour one thus far. Still thinking 2-4 but not expecting it to start sticking for at least the next hour/the sun going down.

Probably would only result in wet roads anyway; who's even wanting to be out given current events anyway?

Winter wonderland here....but of course elevation is tour friend "heaviest" snow of the day now. Everything covered except the middle of the street but it wont be long now. Deep winter.

1 minute ago, Ericjcrash said:

Winter wonderland here....but of course elevation is tour friend "heaviest" snow of the day now. Everything covered except the middle of the street but it wont be long now. Deep winter.

Only beginning to see slight whitening happen now, with sunset fast approaching things will pick up quickly I think. Still swinging with 2-4, leaning low, for elevation + mixing concerns.

4 is only if we can swing into the 1" rates for maybe an hour or two.

1 minute ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Only beginning to see slight whitening happen now, with sunset fast approaching things will pick up quickly I think. Still swinging with 2-4, leaning low, for elevation + mixing concerns.

4 is only if we can swing into the 1" rates for maybe an hour or two.

You're at 800' but where?