• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Congrats! My fiancé is due in 7 weeks. It’s definitely exciting but also scary with everything going on right now. Would this be your first? 

Congrats man, good luck!!

Lol yeah, clock is ticking for me, few years away from the the big 4-0..I'd like to have one sooner rather than later but capped at 1 lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Looks like the Catskills get smacked. It’s tough to pinpoint these spring storms. This is it though. 
It’s depressing saying goodbye after that winter. Next year has GOT to be better! 

Going to be close...I'm heading up now but I'll be leaving Sunday unless it becomes more probable. We'll see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Congrats man, good luck!!

Lol yeah, clock is ticking for me, few years away from the the big 4-0..I'd like to have one sooner rather than later but capped at 1 lol

Same situation here. I REALLY want kids, but my wife is not interested. The big 4-0 is getting way too close.

• Like 2

Wife and I made the decision a few years back to forgo having kids.  It's a strange, big decision, but neither or us really had much interest and so far no regrets. 

Congrats on all the expectant parents in this group though!!  Have 2 though, only children always seem sad they don't have siblings (this is easy for me to suggest as I don't think I could handle even having 1, haha)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Wife and I made the decision a few years back to forgo having kids.  It's a strange, big decision, but neither or us really had much interest and so far no regrets. 

Congrats on all the expectant parents in this group though!!  Have 2 though, only children always seem sad they don't have siblings (this is easy for me to suggest as I don't think I could handle even having 1, haha)

I go back and forth but everyone I know that has one says its the greatest experience in their life. I kind of want to experience what that is like. That is why I only want one, If I don't like it I can still handle it. If I enjoy it, maybe I'll have 2. But two is too expensive and too much work, and I won't be able to travel as much. ^_^

The perfect combo is 1 kid and 2 dogs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winter_rules said:

You’re not kidding about the Mayflies!  Semi-ruined an otherwise nice day. 

Picture perfect day here at BUF - low 60’s and full sun. Way overdue for this. Now for the bad...spring climo at BUF is atrocious compared to other “B’s” at the same general latitude. Look at Baltimore, Bismarck, Billings, and Bend for the next 7-10 days. So many 70’s-80’s with lots of sun. Compare that to Buffalo...near constant 50’s with frequent rain and clouds. Frozen Hudson Bay, lingering snow pack in Ontario, cold Great Lakes...= semi-perm trough in upstate NY from Mar - end of May. Am I missing something? 

We were actually overcast almost all day.  A few peaks of sun off and on was it.  Still felt nice, though.  It seems like most of the recent warmer days were also very windy so they didn’t feel nearly as warm as today did.  

Back down to the new Spring normal for upstate NY for the next few days into weeks.  I’ve said it before but with winters being warm, or at least very inconsistent, for the past few winters, it really feels like 6 straight months of 35-45° highs with a few higher/lower days mixed it.  Not quite cold enough for real winter and not quite warm enough to be enjoyable.  

• Like 1

It was in the low 60s here today with beautiful sunshine. We went to walk at Onondaga Lake Parkway, which is miles of trailway along the lake here in Syracuse.

It was SO busy! With all the parking lots closed, we are forced to park in the same area, which seems sort of contradictory to spacing people out.

Despite that, it was still a glorious day and it was sort of refreshing to see so many people out trying to breathe while while also working to be respectful toward everybody else's space.