Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-week potential of something somewhere

Chicago Storm

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Given what has happened many times this season, this may be sort of where you'd want it at this distance if you're near the southern end.  But each setup is different and there are no guarantees.

We kind of saw that with the past few events...In which we see guidance trend towards the furthest north possible solution, before slipping back south a bit.

We'll see if that's the case this time around.

43 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Given what has happened many times this season, this may be sort of where you'd want it at this distance if you're near the southern end.  But each setup is different and there are no guarantees.

one thing we do now have is all models depicting a significant event. Was not the case 24 hours ago. Building blocks....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Yeah, I was rather uncomfortable being in the middle of the highest snow totals for so many runs.  Would rather be on the edge one way or the other at this range lol.  Would hate to root for a slightly weaker/further southeast system, but if that what it takes to get into the good snows vs dry slot, I'll take it.  Based on the relative weirdness with the phasing of this system we will probably see little run-to-run changes right up until the day of the storm.  So basically like every other system this winter ha.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hlcater said:

ecmwf_full_2020022212_072_42.0--91.75.pn

Light winds in and below the DGZ should help with maximizing flake size assuming lift is good(it should be if the euro has any hint). I think if things line up anything like the 12z suite is hinting they could, 12" is attainable for somebody somewhere. 

You guys are waaaay overdue for a footer.  Hopefully this one can get 'er done.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Punt. Next. Can't manage to get one winter storm warning criteria event this winter. So ready for severe wx. Over this nonsense 

Haven't really seen a good meltdown in a while despite the general futility of this winter. Definitely, seeing some cracks in this post. I suspect this storm could be the one to really push some folks over the edge given it's potential.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Baum said:

Haven't really seen a good meltdown in a while despite the general futility of this winter. Definitely, seeing some cracks in this post. I suspect this storm could be the one to really push some folks over the edge given it's potential.

That was unnecessary but ok. Wouldn't exactly call that a meltdown. I'm not that upset, just annoyed and venting. Guess I could have put it in the banter thread but was reading through the posts in this thread and just put it here. This definitely is an odd storm with a complicated evolution but someone is going to cash in with all this moisture and long duration 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Baum said:

We need Beavis for some perspective 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, StormChaser4Life said:

That was unnecessary but ok. Wouldn't exactly call that a meltdown. I'm not that upset, just annoyed and venting. Guess I could have put it in the banter thread but was reading through the posts in this thread and just put it here. This definitely is an odd storm with a complicated evolution but someone is going to cash in with all this moisture and long duration 

nope. I said I saw a "crack"...not a true meltdown. And the meltdowns are key to each storm thread IMHO. They add character. It's getting late and I suspect this thread may get a bit tense. 18Z NAM with a different look. Shocker.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Baum said:

nope. I said I saw a "crack"...not a true meltdown. And the meltdowns are key to each storm thread IMHO. They add character. It's getting late and I suspect this thread may get a bit tense. 18Z NAM with a different look. Shocker.

I think you're going to see a lot of shifts with this one especially up to the last second. But given with how north the northern stream energy is coming in, if there is a phase it would probably favor this where it is modeled now or more nw. But given how this winter has been anyone from ND to FL is in game *sarcasm of course*

• Like 2