• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bmoremdwx
    Newest Member
    bmoremdwx

Mid-week potential of something somewhere

13 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

NAM looks like weak sauce, comparatively.

Quite the downgrade from 18z.

Seems like a nowcast event. 

15 minutes ago, McHenrySnow said:

Pleasantly surprised. Might squeeze out 3/4" out of this. 

Its a DAB+  pound town

2 minutes ago, Cary67 said:

Its a DAB+  pound town

I've been consistently under one of the "heaviest" bands in the CWA. lol

2 hours ago, WeatherMonger said:

I got .85" on my measurement for this mornings wave, official airport recording was .8"

Calling for 2-3" tonight, I told most to wxpect 1 1/2 or less, excluding the morning snow which would melt off, and did.

I'll give winter until Palm Sunday to show itself, after that I am Spring or bust.

May have to cut it down by 1 1/2 - 2 inches. 0 - .5"

Measured 0.7” at midnight. Will blow past the 40” mark for the season today. May be able to escape any breaks in the precip with more snow filling in along the southern edge at the MI/OH border. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

Quite the downgrade from 18z.

Seems like a nowcast event. 

The 00z UKMET increased snowfall for the GTA and the 03z RAP goes bonkers like the 00z HRRR. It’ll be interesting to see what transpires tomorrow.

• Like 2

FWIW, definitely running ahead of what the HRRR has been outputting for the Detroit area. 00z run had 0” for SE Oakland County at 06z. Meanwhile, I just measured 1.0” exactly. Hopefully a sign of things to come. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MIstorm97 said:

FWIW, definitely running ahead of what the HRRR has been outputting for the Detroit area. 00z run had 0” for SE Oakland County at 06z. Meanwhile, I just measured 1.0” exactly. Hopefully a sign of things to come. 

Exactly 1” here as well. 

3 hours ago, Toronto4 said:

The 00z UKMET increased snowfall for the GTA and the 03z RAP goes bonkers like the 00z HRRR. It’ll be interesting to see what transpires tomorrow.

6z RAP and HRRR actually bring a little mixing into the equation during the daylight hours today, but with a slightly further west track we rock with the death band defo zone tonight.  Trade off I'm willing to make.

• Like 1

Lite white drizzle, if there is such a thing. Anyhoots, some flakes about 12 hours too late.  Been the worst thing this season, if ya get some it's an agonizing long event.  Like sitting in the dentists chair.  :weenie:

• Sad 1

I might have busted low on the grass. 2" grass and trees. 0" paved surfaces. Forgot about the Feb sun angle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

6z RAP and HRRR actually bring a little mixing into the equation during the daylight hours today, but with a slightly further west track we rock with the death band defo zone tonight.  Trade off I'm willing to make.

What’s your take on toms lake effect snow? NAM shows a stout band impacting the city for a few hours near rush hour tom. 

5 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

What’s your take on toms lake effect snow? NAM shows a stout band impacting the city for a few hours near rush hour tom. 

Narrow band...roll the dice as to whom it effects.  Seems like an impressive setup.  I was reading on twitter that inversion heights are AOA 11k feet.

• Like 1

Exactly at 2.0" as of 7am. Just need 4" in the 2nd round of this storm to reach our 3rd 6"+ storm of the season. Hopefully this will be attainable lol

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Narrow band...roll the dice as to whom it effects.  Seems like an impressive setup.  I was reading on twitter that inversion heights are AOA 11k feet.

Wow that’s impressive! Upper air dynamics and warm Lake temps are ideal for a decent lake effect outbreak. Wouldn’t discount widespread flurries through out the day tom. 

The real fun begins in a couple hours. 

Ended up with about 1- 1/2". Roads were crap, it's like they don't even try to keep up anymore. Wait until it is finished then send the crews out, all schools canceled for less than 2". That never happened when I was a kid, took 4"+ and even then might be a late start but school still opened

• Like 3

Latest HRRR now has only 6” compared to the 13” it was showing earlier lol. The Low is bit further East this run. Haven’t checked surface OBS to confirm this change.

Sometimes you can’t have nice things lol.

Here in Toledo it's way under-performing and Radar is staying very broken with all bonus snows nil until the 850 low comes through this evening.  Just can win, even when dealing with everyone's sloppy seconds.