• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bmoremdwx
    Newest Member
    bmoremdwx

February Banter 2020

37 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

It snowed again in South Carolina today. That makes three times since you said winter was over for us :guitar:

But you still live in South Carolina lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, WarmNose said:

It snowed again in South Carolina today. That makes three times since you said winter was over for us :guitar:

Oh come on, no trolling.

• Weenie 1

On 2/15/2020 at 9:11 PM, nw baltimore wx said:
On 2/15/2020 at 8:44 PM, losetoa6 said:

Did u ever go to Midnight madness back in the day at Cole . I went from  92' - 95' . Lots of good memories. 

Never been. It probably didn’t help that I was an incoming freshman at 28 years old and had to retake 20 credits from the classes that I ditched back in ‘81.

Wait... you're all the way up there?! 

Also, happy 1,000th to me! :oldman:

Happy1000th.PNG.c77d5e0c52203adacec894bd5acfd0d3.PNG

48 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Calling it now.  Ovi gets his 700th as the game winner tonight.

Maybe Saturday in New Jersey 

• Like 1

Ouch...watching the storm and obs thread in the southern forum was brutal today.  So many similarities to the mid Atlantic threads on the oh so close storms.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

So...I’ve got some leaf out starting.

i got some weed out starting.  No, not the smoking kind

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

I’m not entirely certain some of the tougher weeds even left.

I had to mow last weekend. Other than that one low of 21 last week, I’ve never gone below the upper 20’s this winter. My Daffodils and Hyacinths are about to bloom and some of my shrubs near the house never even went fully dormant.

• Haha 1

I guess on an up note my SAD has been pretty at bay this February. Usually peaks about now with what is generally a series of cloudy February days. It has been sunnier than usual this month, from my recall as compared to other February months.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I had to mow last weekend. Other than that one low of 21 last week, I’ve never gone below the upper 20’s this winter. My Daffodils and Hyacinths are about to bloom and some of my shrubs near the house never even went fully dormant.

This is too funny . I'm sure you're messin with us..lol

2 hours ago, mappy said:

i dont think @George BM is going to win :lol: 

Well see how things look after our back to back HECSs on March 29th and April 1st. :D

Also on a slightly (emphasis on slightly) more serious note... I'm really looking forward to your map of the June 23rd Tornado Outbreak/Derecho Blowdown event in this region. You are very good at what you do. 

Many of us always thought that the 2012 derecho was as extreme as it gets severe-wise around here. Boy was that wrong in a big way...

In other words... yeah I'm not winning. :weep:

Butt cold out there this morning. Have been farm sitting at my daughters trainers house this week. Buckets were frozen over and all the piles outside of the stalls were rock solid! Had to watch where I stepped as a friend has broken a toe before on frozen piles running into them. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

This is too funny . I'm sure you're messin with us..lol

I am not trolling- I had to mow about half my yard last weekend. Though admittedly most of my yard is weeds- I’ve given up on ever getting good grass to grow here.

18 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I am not trolling- I had to mow about half my yard last weekend. Though admittedly most of my yard is weeds- I’ve given up on ever getting good grass to grow here.

Kill it all, start from scratch. You can get it to grow.

31 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Wow... mid February mowing.  That's pretty insane . You sure you didnt get a witch hex put on your yard or something.  How tall was it . I'm curious 

I mowed two weekends ago, more as a mulching to get rid of the leaves.  I've noticed that I do have new growth in places.  Must depend on the type of grass. 

The winter weeds have been horrible for the past two years.

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Kill it all, start from scratch. You can get it to grow.

Yeah, at this point we'd have to kill it all, fully amend the soil, then start all over. After we bought this house, we found out the builder basically rolled out sod over subsoil (to make it look nice for closing) without doing any prep work at all. My half-assed attempts at fixing the problem (spreading seed and layering topsoil in) have never worked long-term.

54 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Wow... mid February mowing.  That's pretty insane . You sure you didnt get a witch hex put on your yard or something.  How tall was it . I'm curious 

Not sure of exact height- tall enough to be mowed lol

I believe my first mow in 2017 was also February- I'd have to check my notes to be sure.

3 hours ago, George BM said:

Well see how things look after our back to back HECSs on March 29th and April 1st. :D

Also on a slightly (emphasis on slightly) more serious note... I'm really looking forward to your map of the June 23rd Tornado Outbreak/Derecho Blowdown event in this region. You are very good at what you do. 

Many of us always thought that the 2012 derecho was as extreme as it gets severe-wise around here. Boy was that wrong in a big way...

In other words... yeah I'm not winning. :weep:

We had a June 23rd tornado outbreak? where was I for that? 

and thanks! I'm guessing you've seen my work recently? 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

We had a June 23rd tornado outbreak? where was I for that? 

and thanks! I'm guessing you've seen my work recently? 

Yes. I’ve actually seen your work occasionally for the past few years now.

As for the June 23 tornado/derecho event I actually posted a radar image of it at the very beginning of this thread as the event was getting underway locally.

Finally, I should think that you were around for it. But I may be mistaken... it was a time of year where lots of people travel after all. 

• Like 1

I thought I'd send some snowy cheer to you guys. About a foot of snow on the ground up here in upstate NY, where I am practically living now. Big huge icy piles. Love it~

I couldn't go on staring at the bare snowless ground any longer. Come to an area that gets a real winter, it does wonders for your mental state.

IMG_4807.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I thought I'd send some snowy cheer to you guys. About a foot of snow on the ground up here in upstate NY, where I am practically living now. Big huge icy piles. Love it~

I couldn't go on staring at the bare snowless ground any longer. Come to an area that gets a real winter, it does wonders for your mental state.

IMG_4807.jpg

What town are you near?