Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That was 6z, here is 12z 

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

7" here, between two systems...I guess we'll have to take whatever scraps get hurled at us this winter.  Of course this is the NAM.  I'm just hoping we can keep some snowcover after the rain on Thursday afternoon and evening. Probably will as sfc temps don't look to get too warm.

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

7" here, between two systems...I guess we'll have to take whatever scraps get hurled at us this winter.  Of course this is the NAM.  I'm just hoping we can keep some snowcover after the rain on Thursday afternoon and evening. Probably will as sfc temps don't look to get too warm.

I'm not sold on the man but what strikes me is even it shows more snow for the northern counties. My guess is it'll all be about nowcasting the event.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

That's a lot of rain, but temps don't get too warm for too long

gfs_T2m_us_33.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_31.png

I'm hopeful for tomorrow's event as there a nice bit of cold air in place beforehand. This is certainly more helpful that starting with a 45 degree day before the event. We're mid-20s today which will help keep the ground cold - even if the 2m temps rise above freezing temporarily.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

IDK. Roc East, this COULD be a big one. U take what u can get this year. Why are u so down on the second half SYRMAX? It looks like a decent potential. 

Probably because every system has gone to crap for our area...especially in the day or 2 leading up to it. I mean, even tonight's little bit keeps looking worse and worse and worse.

I don't think we will be positive until it's actually happening.

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Little bit dicey at 48.. Rgem is one of the warmer models in between systems, bringing plain rain pretty far north..

prateptype.us_ne (13).png

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2020-02-05T102828.122.png

Def strong and NW. but temps crashing here and you have a LP that will skip over Albany at 978ish. It’ll crush Syracuse region for a few hours at least. This is all front end (obviously)

• Like 1