• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

NAM coming in amped for western NY and cold with 1st wave. Hoping for a big hit for all of us. NAM at 28 certainly looks better for western NY than last run.

"Amped" is not the best word. I noticed you have used it a couple times this week. Amped would imply it is wound up and usually about to go farther north or Northwest because it is stronger.

Just a heads-up for ya!

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

"Amped" is not the best word. I noticed you have used it a couple times this week. Amped would imply it is wound up and usually about to go farther north or Northwest because it is stronger.

Just a heads-up for ya!

better lift!? Sorry. In amped I meant a stronger overunning look. But in fact it ended up looking weaker now that the run went on.colder for sure though.Time for round 2.

• Like 1

If the NAM is correct Plattsburgh doesnt dry slot at all. Nice area of lift passing through at 45 before round 2. Air is moist and ready to go. Trough in gulf of mexico. Lots of convection associated with this. RGEM and other mesos show that well already. AT 45 trough is digging nice. This is usually a very nice look. I would take that H5 any winter day. :) Further south trough digs more energy and moisture i believe we can funnel into the SW

HR 54 precip shield filling in. I have not stopped snowing since hr33. This is gonna slam a lot in the forum. 990 rapidly blowing bomb in NC. THIS trough went negative at 48 and it was game on from there. Involving decent polar air from NS when it went negative. Storm one in Nova Scotia and storm 2 undergoing RI