• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2019-20' is the yr that if there is a chance of an event, chances are, it'll either change to rain or we'll taint and it should be no surprise at all to anyone.  There is NO COLD AIR at all on our side of the globe and its not even on the other side, its right over the POLES hence the astronomically +++AO and its not changing anytime soon.  Blah BLah BLah, -EPO, who cares as its Trumped by a -PNA and a super +NAO, RLMAO so I don't know why everyone is so surprised that its likely going to either rain or mix.  Heck, it may even snow and accumulate, but its not like its gonna stay around for anyway, as we're right back into the upper 40's next week!  

IMO this season is Kaput, and if anyone thinks differently, then you can be one of the thousands that check every model run every 6hrs and watch how every event goes to absolute SHIT within 3-4 days of the event cause the models realize that WOW, there really isn't any cold air around, even to tap into, RLMAO, cause its sitting over Baffin Island and Lake Kara, lol!

I'll be rooting for an extremely warm Fall next season, thats for damn sure!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Not sure what you're looking at. They both look like CRAP for Friday from Ithaca/Syracuse and eastward.

I’m in plattsburgh. Northern Dacks. Looks fine . 4-6 inches with wave one looks like a good first call for my area. Wave 2 is still debatable as now the NAM amps this up to sub 985But you are right. Your area gets torched. Kitchen sink

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I wouldn't bet against what it's showing. Lack of cold all over this winter, ridiculous SE Ridging, No Cold High Pressures to the north...

It's not stopping WNY from seeing snow lol

Actually the r/s line is in SW Oswego county, verbatim..

The snowiest model at 12z was the Canadian which was the warmest model to start, we almost definitely flip to snow next frame..

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

It's not stopping WNY from seeing snow lol

Actually the r/s line is in SW Oswego county, verbatim..

The snowiest model at 12z was the Canadian which was the warmest model to start, we almost definitely flip to snow next frame..

I'm not so sure. The rain/snow line just lingers to our west for 6+ hours. I know it's just one run. At this point, it's look at every possible way it could go wrong.

It's sort of sad. The past 5 winters have really given me a sour taste for enjoying winter weather. I LOVE cold and snow surprises...they are what got me into loving the weather. Now it seems like everything is a "surprise" in a warm-biased way. Basically, how will this event be ruined?

I don't like that viewpoint at all. :( I wish I lived during the winters of the 60s and 70s.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I'm not so sure. The rain/snow line just lingers to our west for 6+ hours. I know it's just one run. At this point, it's look at every possible way it could go wrong.

It's sort of sad. The past 5 winters have really given me a sour taste for enjoying winter weather. I LOVE cold and snow surprises...they are what got me into loving the weather. Now it seems like everything is a "surprise" in a warm-biased way. Basically, how will this event be ruined?

I don't like that viewpoint at all. :( I wish I lived during the winters of the 60s and 70s.

Early 2000’s were pretty cool too. Syracuse would routinely get big lake effect snow storms. It’s just the year. Like Freak keeps saying, there’s just nothin stopping the warmth. 
I think if we get a good second storm, Syracuse will be fine. The temps were crashing at hr 84 and we have a 980’s LP near Philly moving North. Everything I know says that’s a beauty for CNY and WNY. At least we have something to track. 
Paulie could get lucky and stay all snow for both, but he needs it colder. Everyone goes to mix on the first one (according to NAM). 

• Like 3