• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

Wintry mix potential weekend of Jan 18-19, 2020

4 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Closing in on 3 inches of “less than an inch and then rain”. Ill take that win every time 

BX are you sure about that measurement ? I am in New City and although I did NOT measure but to my trained eye lol , I was just out there for a while doing the driveway and Im thinking slightly more between 3 and 4 ---I could be wrong or maybe a few miles made a difference .

1 minute ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

BX are you sure about that measurement ? I am in New City and although I did NOT measure but to my trained eye lol , I was just out there for a while doing the driveway and Im thinking slightly more between 3 and 4 ---I could be wrong or maybe a few miles made a difference .

Tbh i had looked about 25 mins ago and went in to cook my chili lol. Might be over 3 by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Averaging 2.5” here, ranging from 2.0” to 2.9”.

33/32, snowing moderately.

3 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

I just want one jim  cantore event this year. Come on February you can do it

By that I mean a coastal on the benchmark with THUNDER. It’s been awhile. Let’s collectively pray. It can happen. 

I'm just asking for a sustained period of moderate-heavy, accumulating snow. Have barely seen that in almost two seasons. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Tbh i had looked about 25 mins ago and went in to cook my chili lol. Might be over 3 by now.

BX I went out to pick my kid up from work main roads / 304 is really bad not a plow or salt spreader in sight but man it looks like a post card out there !:D

8 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I would say take a minute or two, and actually measure?

Still snow/sleet here. Accums done here. Backend in western Jersey now. Not a bad storm for the setup we had. Especially considering last winter & the start of this one. I enjoyed it boys. Hopefully we get a Miller A in February.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Might not make it...may still all snow then end as freezing drizzle or freezing rain showers around 01-03z./19??  seems like northward push of IP is slackening. 

Funny you say that, it's been heavy snow with big flakes for about an hour now and the temp has been climbing but it's still down at 22.

22/22/S6-9/SN+ 

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesnow said:

Just came in from

shoveling. A smidge over 3”. Compacting now as temps go up. Still mainly snow with some sleet mixed in. 

Great event for us. NW Suffolk and NE Nassau is the sweet spot this winter. Still all snow here 

Temp finally up to 32F here, but everything not covered in snow is encased in about 0.1-0.2" of ice.  For folks who haven't changed over to ZR yet, wait until after the ZR goes over to rain to clear your driveways and sidewalks, as ZR fallling on snow is a non-issue, but ZR falling on cleared, sub-32F paved surfaces leads to an ice rink.  My neighbor cleared the sidewalk after the snow and it's now a sheet of ice.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Up to 37 at my station on Fire Island.

Up to 38 now at the Wantagh mesonet.

2 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Good call. Still pounding snow here

Not for long, switched to rain here.