• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

If you want a chuckle, check out the Mid Atlantic Sub.

Measuring with protractors, talk of "roads caving" from a dusting of snow, schools closing from a few inches, and SIXTY pages long for this one event.

I guess that's what happens when you are snow-starved. If things don't shake up, we may end up doing the same pretty soon. :P :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Measuring with protractors, talk of "roads caving" from a dusting of snow, schools closing from a few inches, and SIXTY pages long for this one event.

I guess that's what happens when you are snow-starved. If things don't shake up, we may end up doing the same pretty soon. :P :) 

We’ve done well over 120 pages (in 2 threads) since December 20th and most of us have gotten less than 5 inches. I think we are worse at this point. Lol 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

We’ve done well over 120 pages (in 2 threads) since December 20th and most of us have gotten less than 5 inches. I think we are worse at this point. Lol 

But....they've done 60 since this past Saturday...AND we only have page that we post to....BUT...they have many more people than we do...sooooooo...I don't know? :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

But....they've done 60 since this past Saturday...AND we only have page that we post to....BUT...they have many more people than we do...sooooooo...I don't know? :P 

But after their 60 pages at leas they have snow on the ground. Haha. We just wishfully look at storm 268 hours out and nothing even materializes. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

But after their 60 pages at leas they have snow on the ground. Haha. We just wishfully look at storm 268 hours out and nothing even materializes. 

Their snow will melt by Thursday whereas ours will last at least until Friday, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

There are reports of marker flags in the enemy trenches.

Queue up the movie Gallipoli to understand.

New CFS weeklies are very warm weeks 1-2 . then get colder starting week 3 and indicating a pattern shift at that time. West coast ridge hint at weeks 4 and 5. wish i could post the pics but +10-15 2m temps weeks 1 and 2. Crazy at this time of the year with +10-15 500mb heights. Almost spring like pattern. insane. Then we should cash in late feb. But next 2 weeks look anamolously warm and wet. rain , mix, and junk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

New CFS weeklies are very warm weeks 1-2 . then get colder starting week 3 and indicating a pattern shift at that time. West coast ridge hint at weeks 4 and 5. 

CFS weeklies predicted a cold January, after never seeing them predict cold in all my years of tracking weather for winter. To finally do it in what is going to be a record warm month, I'm tossing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

CFS weeklies predicted a cold January, after never seeing them predict cold in all my years of tracking weather for winter. To finally do it in what is going to be a record warm month, I'm tossing.

when did it predict a cold january. its last run was average if not slightly above average heights and temps!? for weeks 1-2 same timefram

This thing is going to be so close to me, I may set my alarm early to grab it. You can see it near Sarnia Ontario
https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=CASET
image.thumb.png.f325e4888d6974046c5f2702316f4288.png

RGEM is only one I’m seeing intensify that blob like that over Erie. Rest are just showing some stray streamers passing through. Guess it’ll depend how much the lake can fire that disturbance up.

1 minute ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

RGEM is only one I’m seeing intensify that blob like that over Erie. Rest are just showing some stray streamers passing through. Guess it’ll depend how much the lake can fire that disturbance up.

It's already fired up. Go look at the radar. This has it as well.

image.thumb.png.fa9376552b9266c7b0d21218c1576515.png

7 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

There we go...I am just rooting for it to go as far north and west as possible now. Keep moving that heavy rain away.

If we cant have snow some flooding would at least be interesting and something to track. Would love to see us get more than 3 inches. 

10 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

If we cant have snow some flooding would at least be interesting and something to track. Would love to see us get more than 3 inches. 

I forget...is it you that enjoys the damaging wind events too? If so, a move to California would work well. You can pay millions of dollars for a house to catch fire, slide down a cliff in a mudslide, break apart in an earthquake, get trampled by Godzilla...

More rain to me is boring, since we can get it all 12 months of the year.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I forget...is it you that enjoys the damaging wind events too? If so, a move to California would work well. You can pay millions of dollars for a house to catch fire, slide down a cliff in a mudslide, break apart in an earthquake, get trampled by Godzilla...

Yes, I think extreme weather is fascinating. I thought all weather lovers kind of understood that. Strong winds, flooding rains, crippling heat, frigid cold, severe storms, droughts, blizzards, ice events....I find them all interesting in their own way. I love to see the way the world reacts to this unstoppable force. I Don’t hope my home is damaged but my love and interest of weather always wants to experience the most intense thing a weather event can bring, and if I end up with some collateral damage along the way, I understand that too.  That said we live in an incredibly safe location (upstate ny that is). When I say I want to see heavy rain and floods it’s cool because the creek on my street grows to 5 times it’s size and some local roads get water covered (that’s about the extent of it) I’m not rooting for biblical flooding and the death of thousands of people.  It’s a fun little winter storm, heavy rains are better than gray skies and nothing. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Also, I’d love to own a seasonal home in the mountains of Cali to ride out brutal winter storms. Sounds perfect actually.  The other 8 months of the year when nothing happen would be lame though. 

25 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yes, I think extreme weather is fascinating. I thought all weather lovers kind of understood that. Strong winds, flooding rains, crippling heat, frigid cold, severe storms, droughts, blizzards, ice events....I find them all interesting in their own way. I love to see the way the world reacts to this unstoppable force. I Don’t hope my home is damaged but my love and interest of weather always wants to experience the most intense thing a weather event can bring, and if I end up with some collateral damage along the way, I understand that too.  That said we live in an incredibly safe location (upstate ny that is). When I say I want to see heavy rain and floods it’s cool because the creek on my street grows to 5 times it’s size and some local roads get water covered (that’s about the extent of it) I’m not rooting for biblical flooding and the death of thousands of people.  It’s a fun little winter storm, heavy rains are better than gray skies and nothing. 

23 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Also, I’d love to own a seasonal home in the mountains of Cali to ride out brutal winter storms. Sounds perfect actually.  The other 8 months of the year when nothing happen would be lame though. 

It is really neat to watch water moving at full force. High winds would be one my least favorite weather types...mostly because I am a bit traumatized from my childhood home experience. We lived on top of a Hill and my bedroom had the woods/Ridgeline behind it. I would hear the roaring and snapping of trees. Every year, we would have several trees come down.

However, when I lived right by Lake Michigan, I was fascinated by the wind there and how that lake would turn into a might ocean.

So, I see your point, and know as a weather guru I am fascinated by all weather even if it's not my favorite.

As for snow...it's my main gig...I used to play Jim Cantore (before he started his big gig) and over dramatize snow reporting to the HARSH conditions. Lol

• Like 1