• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There is that band that I posted last night, just 50 miles too far south. Still picked up an inch overnight. 

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20200108.1352.024ani.gif

Didn't you hear??? We're officially all being punked...what we see as opportunities for winter weather are nothing more than a creative illusion designed to hypnotize us to believe these events will happen...

• Haha 1

I drove my wife into work this morning around 8.  Just a few flakes in the air in Brewerton.  Driving south on I81 we ran into a wall of snow just before route 31.  The road surface quickly became snow covered.  Exiting on Taft road the off ramp was a mess as was Taft.  When I dropped her off the snow tapered off.  By the time I headed back north on 81 the pavement was basically just wet.  There must be a lot of salt on the road and with the temperature right around the snow melted almost immediately.  Snow picked up again at Brewerton and we had about a half an hour of heavy snow.  In between squalls now but waiting the squall line over Wayne county to pass through in about a half an hour.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Gfs has been ever so slightly moving towards the other models each run it seems..

It's becoming like the European, doesn't cave in just one sitting lol

Euro and its ENS are only model that matters. Toss the goofus, iconic garbage, and north american rubbish.  With how rich this country is, how does the Euro invest more into its weather forecasting then we do? SMH. 

Oh yeah, we're too busy getting involved in every war that is going on in the world. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Euro and its ENS are only model that matters. Toss the goofus, iconic garbage, and north american rubbish.  With how rich this country is, how does the Euro invest more into its weather forecasting then we do? SMH. 

Oh yeah, we're too busy getting involved in every war that is going on in the world. 

Maybe if our political leaders weren't acting like a bunch of petulant children, trying to one up the other, we could get some true governing of important issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

End of EPS show the SE ridge breaking down a little bit. Normal for the next 6 weeks is equivalent to snow as normal temps are cold enough.

ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_11.png

Here's the rub...eps has been showing that while the GEFS we torch...but I read the GEFS is still running primarily off the old GFS suite...can this be verified?

7 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yup look at the 2 years before he came, hard to explain that away..B)

154764728_2017-2018(2).png.73c9e7715246b

2016-2017_snow.png.ed34f83fc355b97562b4c

Figure Syracuse is in for a 50" season..lol

U can see how Fulton is little jp zone in the southern part of the county, pretty much the only thing I miss about Fulton, being the"king" of snow, now I'm like a little peasant compared to the the tug lol

I don't miss how fast the snow melted though..haha

22 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Alrighty Tug, the posters from Upstate have come together and we've decided to take executive action to kick you out of NYS. We wish you good fortune in your future endeavors. 

You have been given only 3 choices in your quest to find a new home, anywhere in the mid-Atlantic, the New England area or the UP of Michigan (yrs I'm aware they get alot of snow now, however once Matt arrives the storm track will inevitably shift in our favor with West to southwest winds funneling cold air all winter long...

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Another measly event almost over..

I have 9" in the last 3 events lol

I guess it's better than zero..

Similar here.  Picked up 1/2" this a.m. and overnight.  Its our 3rd or 4th day in a row with sub 1" accumulations.  I can't even say that there's a solid inch on ground for snowcover.   This is really the hard way to 100".  ;)

45 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Carol is so upset she hasn't updated her spotter reports since mid December.. lol

So she did finally report lol 

Little over 10" in November

47" in December

About 20" in January coming into today..

But she won't be adding on for a while...

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think the GFS has out performed the Euro 9 times out of 10 this fall/winter.  Surprised to hear you say this.  

• Like 1