• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This is the worst lake effect year that I can remember in awhile. Need some arctic air to make its way down here at least once this year. How many events are we at? 2-3? 

You mentioned it earlier and I've been beating the drum for a watch for the last 2 week's or early February time frame...weve had PLENTY of good setups in the February time frame in the past but had a frozen lake...this year will not have that problem...

You mentioned it earlier and I've been beating the drum for a watch for the last 2 week's or early February time frame...weve had PLENTY of good setups in the February time frame in the past but had a frozen lake...this year will not have that problem...
Doesn't take much for it to freeze anyway so I wouldn't be hoping for no real cold spell, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Actually the 2nd frame doesn't look that bad at all depending upon how much warm air has already gotten up to us

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If that run is correct the second low would act more as an inverted trough back through the state...and in that scenario the HP is much closer that recent guidance.

The gfs 12z maps don’t correspond. The ice is north of the snow?!?! 
Anyway, a step in the right direction. It’s interesting that the ops have been so much further East than the ens. 
Probably due to the LP being depicted (on ensembles) to be in two very different regions to start. We’ve got a north camp and a south camp- the ops have all taken the southern route. 

• Like 1