Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX
40/70 Benchmark

NYE Mess Obs

2 minutes ago, tunafish said:

I had about 2 hours of sleet from 630-830.  Liquid equivalent on my last measurement of 3.6" was 0.81".

Event total liquid is 1.69" from 10.8" snow.

Fascinating. You are spitting distance south of me. No sleet yet. Pretty little storm. Plow guys tell me they not happy, but are going get a lot unhappier in an hour or so.

Quick measurement puts me at 11 inches up in Ossipee . Coincides well with the 10.3 reported in Acton Maine at 7:30 not far from here.

...York County...
5 NNW Acton                  10.3 in   0727 PM 12/30   Public

Also closing in on 24 hours straight of snow or sleet precipitation. I was expecting more of a break this afternoon. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Quick measurement puts me at 11 inches up in Ossipee . Coincides well with the 10.3 reported in Acton Maine at 7:30 not far from here.

...York County...
5 NNW Acton                  10.3 in   0727 PM 12/30   Public

Also closing in on 24 hours straight of snow or sleet precipitation. I was expecting more of a break this afternoon. 

Love that area down to Wolfeboro. Wish we were there.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I'm in no rush, we're not getting that arctic cold like last time that turned everything in a skating rink.

I would rethink if your conditions are like here. Heavy ass 2” and it is really hard to move! 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I just measure hot water into the inner tube and pour it into the core. Then I measure all of that back into the inner (may have to add a few together in larger samples) and subtract out what I added in. This is all using the stratus of course.

Thats how I do it. When taking chores for depth I invert the Stratus, slide a thin wafer board under it then put it on a pot on the stove 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Thats how I do it. When taking chores for depth I invert the Stratus, slide a thin wafer board under it then put it on a pot on the stove 

I have a piece of corrugated plastic board that works great for when i slide the core of the snowboard onto that before i flip the stratus right side up and melt it in a pot.

34 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

3"

Perfect in my range for you. Think I am going to do well when final totals of sleet snow are in

2.25-2.5” here.   Microdust still coming down. 

Low total accumulations but fairly high impact considering it was almost all sleet and roads were a mess all day. 

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I am still geeking out on the thundersleet. It wasn’t just a token flash or two it was full on 20 minutes of thunder and heavy sleet! 

Sick. Wonder why with all the smart people here with smart phones no one can get video of Tsnow

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sick. Wonder why with all the smart people here with smart phones no one can get video of Tsnow

Oh’ I got one.   Let me see if I can remember my YouTube password.