• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

January 2020 Discussion

45 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Well that was fun while it lasted on the 12z gfs run.

Lol...you had to know that was just a joke at 12z Anthony.  No way that was gonna happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, forkyfork said:

i haven't measured snow since boxing day

Good citizenship,  it's not like your profession has requested help from its citizens or anything 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol...you had to know that was just a joke at 12z Anthony.  No way that was gonna happen.

Yes, very unlikely as exact but you’re living in past tense as if it’s Feb 2nd already. Final outcome yet TBD. 

And who really wants a bullseye after bullseye this far out? Just keep some sort of storm signal going for now and with an improving pattern...roll the dice inside d3/d4. 

44 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Good citizenship,  it's not like your profession has requested help from its citizens or anything 

He doesn’t strike me, from his content lacking posts, as someone who does this for a living. 

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes, very unlikely as exact but you’re living in past tense as if it’s Feb 2nd already. Final outcome yet TBD. 

And who really wants a bullseye after bullseye this far out? Just keep some sort of storm signal going for now and with an improving pattern...roll the dice inside d3/d4. 

Certainly agree.  Keep a signal is the take away.  

But I’m gonna go on record now and say that a 954 bomb isn’t gonna happen 8-9 days from now.  Just my gut feeling. Lol. So in that respect I might as we’ll be 9 days in the future, cuz the odds of that happening are slim to none.  And if I’m proved wrong..I’ll So gladly eat crow. 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Certainly agree.  Keep a signal is the take away.  

But I’m gonna go on record now and say that a 954 bomb isn’t gonna happen 8-9 days from now.  Just my gut feeling. Lol. So in that respect I might as we’ll be 9 days in the future, cuz the odds of that happening are slim to none.  And if I’m proved wrong..I’ll So gladly eat crow. 

You’re really sticking your neck out there lol, but remember just a few seasons ago we had a very deep (forgot the exact pressure) in the Jan 4 2018 event. Obviously they are rare but the changing pattern ahead can pop a good one or two. We pray.

• Haha 2

So far this January has had a max/min spread of 31/14.  That's +6.3 above normal.

It has been a mild month.  Short bursts of arctic temps among long stretches of near-freezing temps.

23 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Gfs

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_34.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_35.png

Best of luck getting snow anywhere south of New England next weekend. There is no cold air, you kinda need that to snow....

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Best of luck getting snow anywhere south of New England next weekend. There is no cold air, you kinda need that to snow....

Dude its 200 hours out

LOL

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

No shit.  Why we talking about February in here?

when next week goes down the toilet, we can just pretend it was January....

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Everything tossed 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t see any way next weekend is snow 

Lol....This weekend you were so sure this was a big hit(Dec 92 similarities and all), when there were clear signs it wasn't gonna be.  Now you're doing the reverse Psych act for next weekend lol.  I guess the previous positive/big snower act didn't work, so go with the negative/reverse psychology idea on this one.  You'll get it right eventually.  

But Next Sunday/ Monday is a long shot too...so keep the expectations low.

16 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

People have been dropping thru shady ice left and right this past week.

Must be larger lakes?  I saw people out ice fishing back in December and this week has been colder with temps in the single numbers almost every night.  I haven't been by those places since then but I would have thought that the ice would be OK after this week.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Kevin drops some red meat and wolfie can’t help devouring it....

Wolves do love red meat though....so hard to blame him.

I fished a smaller lake near me yesterday and found 6-7" of good ice with some junk on top. I was actually surprised how good it was. I think the warm ups make larger inconsistencies though, especially near moving water, springs, ext. You definetely have to be more careful venturing out. I know that lake well though and section I was on iced over in early Dec