• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

0.9" overnight, pretty much as forecast.  That makes 7 separate little snow events this month totaling all of 4.1".  Will #8 exceed the first 7?  Would be nice if #8 doubles the month's total and #9 redoubles it.  :weenie:

Has been a pretty good AMS, one of the better ones IMO.  Trillium on the waterfront nearly ran out of beer on Sunday and Monday.  Bartender said it had been insane and asked what all the lanyards were for. 

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

47F today.  Another torcher.  Winds be cranking too.  Close to 40mph.

Your monthly departure must be insane by now.

A few years ago my brother's kids were at the Nordic JOs in Truckee and we went out to yell encouragement.  It was like 70 degrees out.  I was standing talking to my nephew fretting about whether the snow would survive.  He laughed.  He said see how we step off this deck down about six inches on to the snow?  This deck is about 12 feet off the ground.  He said the biggest problem was figuring out what wax to use at those temperatures plus how not to fall over from heat exhaustion while racing...

Up to 6.8/-7

I've been out all day taking the day by the horns. Pulled the gym equipment out onto the ice laden driveway and did some benching and squats. Then I sparked up the fire pit and grilled some steaks and burgers on it paleolithic style. Then we played some ultimate frisbee in the 7" pack. It stings at first barefoot, but eventually you become numb to it. Great morning and I feel alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Up to 6.8/-7

I've been out all day taking the day by the horns. Pulled the gym equipment out onto the ice laden driveway and did some benching and squats. Then I sparked up the fire pit and grilled some steaks and burgers on it paleolithic style. Then we played some ultimate frisbee in the 7" pack. It stings at first barefoot, but eventually you become numb to it. Great morning and I feel alive.

There you go!  No need to hide behind a glass window and look out.  Just be glad you're alive!

6 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

looks fun..

The reports out of there are crazy. Sustained! Winds over 60 mph and over 2 feet of snow. Now that is a blizzard..