Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Toss is like a hot tub salad.

Tossing salad????  :blink:

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Need a juicier system for any damage though. That qpf ain’t gonna cut it. 

Turning into a queen?

51 minutes ago, dendrite said:

If we’re going to start flirting with subzero readings I’d like to get a few inches of snow on the ground to insulate some of my plants.

And to maximize the cold's potential.

So I think this year is a perfect example of how December is a deep winter month and always was growing up. It would make me so mad seeing posts other years..”it’s only Dec 15th, wait until January” or “it’s not supposed to snow in December”. And someone would then Try to rationalize that It was early and plenty of winter left . F that. Those posts infuriated me. Winter starts in Dec and it’s supppsec to be chilly and snow . If you punt Dec , you’re left with hoping Jan and Feb work out. And if The first 12 days of Jan are punted .. you’re hoping for a good month and a half. And by Feb, Tip is already posting about taking his pants off in warm sun filled cars  and driving around. And Morch snow is nothing more than stat padding. This year is exhibit A of why it’s imperative to start snowing in December. What a great start to winter we’ve had. Everyone except 2 posters up north are in great spirits. And the rest of the month looks awesome. LFG!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So I think this year is a perfect example of how December is a deep winter month and always was growing up. It would make me so mad seeing posts other years..”it’s only Dec 15th, wait until January” or “it’s not supposed to snow in December”. And someone would then Try to rationalize that It was early and plenty of winter left . F that. Those posts infuriated me. Winter starts in Dec and it’s supppsec to be chilly and snow . If you punt Dec , you’re left with hoping Jan and Feb work out. And if The first 12 days of Jan are punted .. you’re hoping for a good month and a half. And by Feb, Tip is already posting about taking his pants off in warm sun filled cars  and driving around. And Morch snow is nothing more than stat padding. This year is exhibit A of why it’s imperative to start snowing in December. What a great start to winter we’ve had. Everyone except 2 posters up north are in great spirits. And the rest of the month looks awesome. LFG!

powderfreak hung himself off the barren picnic table.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Longest post by DIT ever. Early drinking?

Lol he’s all fired up!!  This is his kind of December.  I like December Snow too..think we all do. But it doesn’t always happen, in fact more often it doesn’t happen it seems/and stats seem to show that. But we take this December and embrace it hard! 

And I get it...shortest days of the year, lowest sun angle, the snow lasts a long time this time of year.  It is a great time to get the snow imo.  So I understand the feeling/thinking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol he’s all fired up!!  This is his kind of December.  I like December Snow too..think we all do. But it doesn’t always happen, in fact more often it doesn’t happen it seems/and stats seem to show that. But we take this December and embrace it hard! 

And I get it...shortest days of the year, lowest sun angle, the snow lasts a long time this time of year.  It is a great time to get the snow imo.  So I understand the feeling/thinking.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_7.png

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No it wasn’t . If so, our climo would be CNE. 

7 minutes ago, Drop the Trough said:

powderfreak hung himself off the barren picnic table.

lol, not sure where that narrative would come from?  I think it’s been a fine start to the winter.   November was an awesome month with plenty of winter events, arctic cold, ridiculous negative departures and 3 weeks of snow cover.  

We missed the big storm but the mountain got clobbered with 19” of upslope over 3 days right before this rain.

Snow squall warning and ~1” in 10 minutes last night... no one pays attention to half the snow up here if one of three of us don’t post about it, especially if it isn’t a region wide system.

I’m not sure why anyone thinks I’m suffering up here :lol:.

• Haha 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

WTF does that mean.  We all know that Saturday is gonna pour..we’ve known that for a week. Then Monday night and Tuesday it’s gonna snow and sleet.  What’s your point? 

And he caught one ;).  

I mean he could just be excited about the heavy rain and convection chance.  It’s no different than one of us posting a map showing snow.

• Haha 1

The pieces that bring together the 12z GFS super bomb are on the CONUS around a week from today, the 19th of DEC.  That is when the phantom southern stream energy makes its way into the RAOB fields of CA.  The polar vortex lobe of energy is still in central Canada, so we don't know how strong that energy will be.  Oh and the 18th system has a new wrinkle from the 18z GFS, the northern stream tries to dig in last minute.

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Absolutely agree for S/NNE. No better place during meteorological winter to experience Currier and Ives. Tip with his pants off in a closed car is something else, although there could be a  book, movie or reality show deal somewhere in there. As always.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No it wasn’t . If so, our climo would be CNE. 

The desires definitely don’t line up with climo.  He averages more stat padding snow than he does pre-Xmas snow.

I get the association with the darkness and solar cycle though.  Most would rather the seasons follow that more closely, vs a 2-month lag time.  Coldest and snowiest on darkest day and hottest weather on the longest day would be ideal....too bad Ma Nature don’t care.

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

WTF does that mean.  We all know that Saturday is gonna pour..we’ve known that for a week. Then Monday night and Tuesday it’s gonna snow and sleet.  What’s your point? 

Listen, he brings nothing to the table. All he's trying to do is push everyone's buttons. I have no problem saying that I reported him. I feel he does nothing here but post his negative comments.. We're all entitled to our opinions, but he's not doing that, he's just trying to push buttons. Hopefully whomever the moderator is, they will see this and ban him from posting.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The desires definitely don’t line up with climo.  He averages more stat padding snow than he does pre-Xmas snow.

I get the association with the darkness and solar cycle though.  Most would rather the seasons follow that more closely, vs a 2-month lag time.  Coldest and snowiest on darkest day and hottest weather on the longest day would be ideal....too bad Ma Nature don’t care.

Take here for example. I’m more Comfortable getting snow in so called “Morch” vs December. Sure we’ve all had snow at some point, but to say this is normal growing up is ignorance to climo. BDL is at a record start. Sounds like climo. :arrowhead:

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Listen, he brings nothing to the table. All he's trying to do is push everyone's buttons. I have no problem saying that I reported him. I feel he does nothing here but post his negative comments.. We're all entitled to our opinions, but he's not doing that, he's just trying to push buttons. Hopefully whomever the moderator is, they will see this and ban him from posting.

Lame.  In the summer when most want nice low humidity weather we don’t report people who post maps of high dews.  

We shouldn’t try harder to make this an echo chamber of the weather we desire.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Take here for example. I’m more Comfortable getting snow in so called “Morch” vs December. Sure we’ve all had snow at some point, but to say this is normal growing up is ignorance to climo. BDL is at a record start. Sounds like climo. :arrowhead:

20"+ early dec starts don't grow on trees, A couple storms worked out where in most years would not.

• Like 2