Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, jfklganyc said:

Can everyone STOP saying December is done on Nov 27?

How freaking ridiculous!

Many of you called for a warm November. You would think you would learn!

Take a chill pill and stop pretending you can predict wx with accuracy 30 days out. You cant.

It’s over, the tribe has spoken...

Looking forward to decorating the tree while the snow falls on Sunday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jfklganyc said:

Can everyone STOP saying December is done on Nov 27?

How freaking ridiculous!

Many of you called for a warm November. You would think you would learn!

Take a chill pill and stop pretending you can predict wx with accuracy 30 days out. You cant.

I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that December ends several degrees above normal. Repeating patterns have been incredibly persistent the last few years. Cold November’s followed by mild December’s. It’s going to be a -PNA month all the way. 

And happy Thanks Giving everyone!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that December ends several degrees above normal. Repeating patterns have been incredibly persistent the last few years. Cold November’s followed by mild December’s. It’s going to be a -PNA month all the way. 

And happy Thanks Giving everyone!

BAMWX says much below normal

• Haha 1

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

I think most of that precip the NAM shows after 75 is probably sleet.  If we see any major snow it’s likely once the low gets going offshore.  I think the initial bout of WAA is sleet or rain 

Nam is pretty cold. Seems to following the eps. The high is much stronger up north.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

LGA gusting to 46 mph now.

LaGuardia Arpt PTSUNNY   49  31  49 NW31G46   29.74S

Somewhat surprised to see balloons at the parade. I wonder if they based the decision off KNYC's wind gusts. 

Either way, it's fun to watch them nearly lose control as they pass between gaps in buildings. Science in action.

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I think most of that precip the NAM shows after 75 is probably sleet.  If we see any major snow it’s likely once the low gets going offshore.  I think the initial bout of WAA is sleet or rain 

GFS shows this. Definitely closer to a nice little event than it has been in previous runs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

Pretty extreme pattern over the CONUS right now, with record low 500 mb heights on the West Coast and record high heights along much of the Gulf Coast.

Yeah, this is a record breaking 500mb dipole pattern between the West Coast and Gulf Coast. 

5F22EFFF-F8BE-4D6C-B2D9-2C3CADED3DB7.thumb.png.d5a332ab70a80d971739041832c0677b.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purduewx80 said:

Somewhat surprised to see balloons at the parade. I wonder if they based the decision off KNYC's wind gusts. 

Either way, it's fun to watch them nearly lose control as they pass between gaps in buildings. Science in action.

It wasn't that bad out, I went for a walk outside this morning and the winds had backed off a lot from the night before. Most party boats ( they do sail on Thanksgiving ) had canceled due to gale force winds. I would normally walk in the mall on such a cold windy day but it is closed this morning. So I bundled up and it really wasn't that bad. Temps weren't bitter and wind wasn't biting. I was just outside poking around with nothing other than a flannel shirt ( flannel lined pants though ) and it wasn't bad at all. Had it continued like it had been it would have been a different story, but this kinda wind is tolerable right now. I just saw that there was a gust of 50 last night in NJ.

3 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

It wasn't that bad out, I went for a walk outside this morning and the winds had backed off a lot from the night before. Most party boats ( they do sail on Thanksgiving ) had canceled due to gale force winds. I would normally walk in the mall on such a cold windy day but it is closed this morning. So I bundled up and it really wasn't that bad. Temps weren't bitter and wind wasn't biting. I was just outside poking around with nothing other than a flannel shirt ( flannel lined pants though ) and it wasn't bad at all. Had it continued like it had been it would have been a different story, but this kinda wind is tolerable right now. I just saw that there was a gust of 50 last night in NJ.

Winds are cranking here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

The apparent safety criteria for balloons vs no balloons is wind gusts greater than 34 MPH. NYC, LGA and JFK have all recorded their peak gusts in the past few hours, while EWR's was last night.

EWR:

471924343_chart(3).jpeg.90ac66baeedb4e6ef5f0f401178824dc.jpeg

LGA:

1032445251_chart(2).jpeg.6c1c4b721753525f944c8031cfa9cab0.jpeg

JFK:

157018298_chart(1).jpeg.39ae881dad0c08dbffcfff524744ab10.jpeg

Central Park:

chart.jpeg.8cd5cbe583af139f6f8fe4d403837cb2.jpeg