Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowGiant611
    Newest Member
    SnowGiant611

November 2019 discussion

7 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

day 15 gfs 10mb twitter is alive and well

Yeah more voodoo. Someone keep me posted of wave flux over Guam. 

43 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

trying to find something..maybe some rolling thunder with the rain? 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_50.png

Ahhh the 300th hour of the 18z GFS.  I’m surprised you had to go out that far in time to find something to troll SNE snow lovers with :lol:.

• Thanks 1

Not boring up this way. Gonna have to watch that follow up low for Wednesday. Air mass will probably screw me but that’s close to a blue bomb if the heavy rates can get in here.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup what total BS that crap is...

It has physics behind it, but I think people either think they can beat guidance or somehow guidance isn’t factoring this in. IOW they value it way too much imo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Which is why those Storms and 78’ are much bigger than what we have seen recently,w exception of parts of CT under death band 6 years ago 

now 1888 could have been 65” in New Britain if Joe weenie was clearing every 6 hours. Because some love comparing sizes of storms , I believe this very important to keep in mind going forward.

Someone will put a 50-55” measurement w legal 6 hour clearings in next decade between E NY and SNE and it will be equivalent to a 40 burger from days of measuring when you decided the storm was over .

gimme a capture , stall and a loop between block island and MVY please 

Most of the '78 storm was as you already know, was not measured every 6 hours. Most of it was actually measured it every 24 hours or until the storm was complete. 

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ahhh the 300th hour of the 18z GFS.  I’m surprised you had to go out that far in time to find something to troll SNE snow lovers with :lol:.

it's rough down here

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ha, don’t worry, you’re one snow squall away from above normal snow right now.  

No worries. It'll be a warm and joyous holiday season 

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like BDL’s 46/37 for a mean of 42F today is dead on average. 

So today is what an average day should feel like in November.

November is the worst month. Brutal day chilly windy damp spitting rain. No leaves, no sun, no snow,  November 

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

November is the worst month. Brutal day chilly windy damp spitting rain. No leaves, no sun, no snow,  November 

All the bad aspects of winter with no good ones.   Thank god for beer and football 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We could be in Alaska, I was just reading how the sun will set on Barrows tomorrow....and then rise again in two months, lol.  

I agree, November is rough.  Even in Feb and March when you don’t get snow it’s at least light out till 6-7pm.  The lack of daylight drives me nuts.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

All the bad aspects of winter with no good ones.   Thank god for beer and football 

Football for sure, beer not so much. 

• Like 1

Scooter has been testy lately. From trolling NNE and WSNE snow lovers to melting over what his great grandpapi measured in 1888. A cold and wet winter month could be making him just a little anxious now.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Scooter has been testy lately. From trolling NNE and WSNE snow lovers to melting over what his great grandpapi measured in 1888. A cold and wet winter month could be making him just a little anxious now.

I, as well as others have mentioned this is not a wintry month. I’m actually trying to talk sense to some of these guys about expectations. I’m perfectly content with this. In fact as long as I don’t see The one eyed pig, I’m fine. Where did I troll NNE? I’ve posted a bunch in there already.  Trust me, you’ll know when a pattern gets to me, but it won’t be this early. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

trying to find something..maybe some rolling thunder with the rain? 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_50.png

What did hr 384 have?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I, as well as others have mentioned this is not a wintry month. I’m actually trying to talk sense to some of these guys about expectations. I’m perfectly content with this. In fact as long as I don’t see The one eyed pig, I’m fine. Where did I troll NNE? I’ve posted a bunch in there already.  Trust me, you’ll know when a pattern gets to me, but it won’t be this early. 

Ha I don't remember any NNE trolling.  I'm usually on that shit like white on rice :lol:

I think it's important to keep expectations in check, but maybe easy for the guy who's seen record cold and snow cover for the last week. 

SNE winter climo though is such that it has been proven time and time again that you really just need a favorable 4-6 week period and the winter can be awesome.  Heck 2015 showed you can be ready to drown kittens in later January and then have an all-time winter wrapped up into about a month.

No reason to cancel winter even for at least two months.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I don't remember any NNE trolling.  I'm usually on that shit like white on rice :lol:

I think it's important to keep expectations in check, but maybe easy for the guy who's seen record cold and snow cover for the last week. 

SNE winter climo though is such that it has been proven time and time again that you really just need a favorable 4-6 week period and the winter can be awesome.  Heck 2015 showed you can be ready to drown kittens in later January and then have an all-time winter wrapped up into about a month.

No reason to cancel winter even for at least two months.

He took shots last week, very subtle but it was there. It was the string of my posts that eventually lead to me schooling SEMA folks on their backyard geography.

It’s all in good fun though, at least for me. 

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He took shots last week, very subtle but it was there. It was the string of my posts that eventually lead to me schooling SEMA folks on their backyard geography.

It’s all in good fun though, at least for me. 

I have no idea what you mean :lol:   There is legit joking and the subtle but angry trolling. 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

34F and -RA. Awesome.

Just a little warmer rain to your south, 38.4 in nj and pouring 

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

34F and -RA. Awesome.

Lucky you!  That seems to be a fairly isolated area of rain for now.  Although, I'm sure we'll get a little wet here later.  I don't see us getting ineedsnow's coating - 1' here but we'll see.

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There's something happened here what it is ain't exactly clear. 

There’s a man with a gun over there....telling me.you got to beware..

• Like 1

Having been up in northern NY this weekend flipped me into winter mode. Hours spent stalking grouse (without result) in 6" of pristine snow, near zero temps both mornings and intense snow squalls on the drive up Friday. It was like deep January in SNE. Spectacular.