Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

37 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I am changing everything about my past ways, I am using a more scientific process and using better data to give me the best chance to succeed.  With my previous reputation being what it was, I definitely wanted to change that mindset and that perception of my predictions.  I am going to do a better job, and improve my outlook.

RIP “Ain’t happening James” moniker.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Next week might be a mess in ern areas into Maine. 

Next week could be much chillier than what models are showing. There is a pretty decent CAD signal. Plus looks pretty doog for a night or two or strong radiational cooling. I hope we at least get some type of awesome storm during this month...pattern sort of favors it but I think there are a few key pieces which may be lacking.

I mean I expect to have detractors whenever I say I am going to do something.  Whom am I to say I don't deserve naysayers and doubters or even trolls/detractors whenever I say I am going to improve something.  I mean the GOAT Tom Brady, always has doubters and trolls against him.  Enemies who want to see Brady fail.  Jesus Christ had people who wanted him dead for the sole purpose of being stupid, the detractors against God's son were stupid.  I mean come on, there will always be people against you accomplishing something you want.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I mean I expect to have detractors whenever I say I am going to do something.  Whom am I to say I don't deserve naysayers and doubters or even trolls/detractors whenever I say I am going to improve something.  I mean the GOAT Tom Brady, always has doubters and trolls against him.  Enemies who want to see Brady fail.  Jesus Christ had people who wanted him dead for the sole purpose of being stupid, the detractors against God's son were stupid.  I mean come on, there will always be people against you accomplishing something you want.

James, I love you but this post was made without much thought to the diversity of opinions and beliefs in the world.  Include everything in your soul searching is my advice to you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't think these next few nights are really enough to do much with the mosquitoes. You need a really good widespread hard frost/freeze. The mosquitoes are just going to cuddle up with a cute blanket and laugh. This cold will just tickle them 

The positive is that the marshes that haven't dried up tend to radiate really well.

I don't think mosquitoes really die at exactly 32F anyway. As you get colder and colder they're more likely to go dormant. I think our more northern species produce glycerol in freezing temps which can help prevent their cells from freezing. It works a bit like tardigrades.

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lisa the new chicken boss?

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Welcome to our world, Sucks.

I keep a big rock in front of the coop door overnight. This morning I picked it up to toss it on the ground and my back said "not today". It felt like someone took an axe across my back. Nice way to start a day off and 3 day weekend.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The positive is that the marshes that haven't dried up tend to radiate really well.

I don't think mosquitoes really die at exactly 32F anyway. As you get colder and colder they're more likely to go dormant. I think our more northern species produce glycerol in freezing temps which can help prevent their cells from freezing. It works a bit like tardigrades.

I can attest to that. We still has SOME mosquitoes after 27F mornings. Not nearly as many, but some. 

In related news, what a raw day here. Feels like a prelude to upslope if it were a tad warmer - currently 43/39, gray sky, wind howling. It's coming...