Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I've thrown out my back doing really innoucuous things:  reaching for my cat's water dish, shaving, standing from sitting.

Sucks so much.  One episode it took me 20 minutes to hobble down my stairs

I have had back issues and I just turned on the older side of 30 years old.  Today I am a month plus into my 31st year, of course I am 30.  Mid-millennial, born in 1989.

I hurt my back in 2009 skating...was racing my brother from one side of the rink to the other...I stupidly was positioned right along the boards and misjudged where the boards began to curve, so when I did the hockey stop, I had to twist my body to avoid the boards and felt a few pops...I've had back pain ever since...and at times incredibly significant. The winter where we got pounded with snow and I had to shovel (was a corner house with very long sidewalks, driveway, and 3 walk ways) my back was so bad I could barely walk...took me 10-15 minutes to tie my skates. Just a few months ago I was putting down a box and it popped 4 times and was in pretty bad pain for a few days.

• Sad 1

Typical Fall day here on Cape Cod.  N-NW winds gusting to 20-30mph, with temps near steady at 56-58F, ocean effect precipitation is falling in mist form this afternoon under mostly cloudy skies with peaks of sunshine at times, just like a winter ocean cloud day, except its warmer.  https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-Rhode_Island-comp_radar-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined this radar image shows the precipitation on a N wind.

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

https://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/upa/gen-raobplt.cgi?id=KCHH&pl=skewt&cu=la&pt=parcel&size=640x480&pg=web

Sounding shows real dry air above 850mb, low-level humidity.  Winds out of the NW.  Chatham, MA sounding observations 12z 

also shows 32 J of CAPE!!!!

40 minutes ago, dendrite said:

:lol::lol:
I'll be close to that first one next Friday, as my knees are acting up, especially the right one.  Did something to it 2 years ago while dragging a deer up a rutted, blowdown-strewn skidder track.  The 2nd one is where they put on my walking cast in 1981, and where we took our son 3 years earlier as he had 15 minutes of grand mal seizure, the reason for his medical test the day my back muscles went on strike, violently. 

34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Fall has arrived ahead of schedule here . Caribou over the years 

IMG_20191004_132337.jpg

Nice history, nice colors.  There's a lot of northeast Aroostook where the woods are mainly conifer-aspen-white birch, and fall is mainly just yellow.  Where there's maples, like these pics, we'd get two peaks, one for maples and yellow birch then the aspens about 10 days later.

Nitpic:  Hanson Lake isn't in CAR.  Not PQI either though it's close to the Mapleton/PQI line.  ;)

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

He has every right to express himself without having to worry about what everyone else thinks and believes.  The PC culture run amok

No he doesn’t.  Read his post carefully.  Not everyone needs to genuflect to Jesus.  Some of us don’t accept Jesus as messiah-should we be dissed without at least informing the poster of the effect?  What turned you so crazy? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

No he doesn’t.  Read his post carefully.  Not everyone needs to genuflect to Jesus.  Some of us don’t accept Jesus as messiah-should we be dissed without at least informing the poster of the effect?  What turned you so crazy? 

Cmon he meant nothing by it. So common now to be offended when the person means nothing by it. Crazy is what you ultra libs have become.  Offended by everything.  The kid has had a come to Jesus moment. Yea I said it don't be offended its a colloquialism. Chill out with your offended self. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cmon he meant nothing by it. So common now to be offended when the person means nothing by it. Crazy is what you ultra libs have become.  Offended by everything.  The kid has had a come to Jesus moment. Yea I said it don't be offended its a colloquialism. Chill out with your offended self. 

I know he meant nothing by it and that’s why I pointed it out.  As my post began...”James, I love you but”....

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Why does anyone who may disagree have to be “offended”? I think Jerry was spot on. Why should he not politely tell James his take?  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I’m far from an ultra liberal.  But implying anyone not believing in Jesus is stupid is offensive to anyone who doesn’t.  You can see that right?  I have no negative thought about James unless he steals my snow.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Nice history, nice colors.  There's a lot of northeast Aroostook where the woods are mainly conifer-aspen-white birch, and fall is mainly just yellow.  Where there's maples, like these pics, we'd get two peaks, one for maples and yellow birch then the aspens about 10 days later.

Nitpic:  Hanson Lake isn't in CAR.  Not PQI either though it's close to the Mapleton/PQI line.  ;)

That's interesting.  That happens here sometimes, particularly with the maples, birch, etc. and then the oaks.  The maples have some good color now and I plan on doing a photo tour tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Down to 22F on MWN with 70mph gusts.

Impressive wind, some good gusts here knocked down some dead oak limbs around the neighborhood.  Ugh gonna be a long winter of tree limbs and trees falling.  Saw a drone vid from above Hampton Ct. Whole strands of trees dead

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m far from an ultra liberal.  But implying anyone not believing in Jesus is stupid is offensive to anyone who doesn’t.  You can see that right?  I have no negative thought about James unless he steals my snow.

Cept he never said that. He was referring to during Jesus's time. He was not talking about anyone not believing in Jesus today he was talking about them killing him.

Jesus Christ had people who wanted him dead for the sole purpose of being stupid, the detractors against God's son were stupid

• Sad 1