Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

EURO gets real warm in New England as a large cutoff mid-level low/tropical system parks itself just south of Long Island, NY in the 4-7 day time frame.  Once that clears the region a huge trough enters the region with way below normal temperatures as 850mb temps drop below 0C.

Warm? With NE winds?

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like it took until mid month last October to get this cold. But boy did it get cold second half of October 2018. Probably won’t see that this time. 70s with a touch of dews Monday. 

Last year was as good as it gets.  

Torch and then switch flipped to winter.  We did like +17, +20, +19 type days in the first half of October...then it was snowing and sticking in town like 4 days later with several highs in the 30s type days.  

We missed out on a month of highs of 52F, it was great.  60s and 70s to 30s and 40s for highs.

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Last year was as good as it gets.  

Torch and then switch flipped to winter.  We did like +17, +20, +19 type days in the first half of October...then it was snowing and sticking in town like 4 days later with several highs in the 30s type days.  

We missed out on a month of highs of 52F, it was great.  60s and 70s to 30s and 40s for highs.

Yeah and then great November too. What a weird season here locally. It wasn’t the greatest, but several storms ended up overachieving here. At least by my expectations anyways. Started with the mid November snow event. 

22 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

About as clear as it can be over the Northeast US.  Still very green around my area.

Off topic but dozens of bluebirds in our backyard and eating apples on our trees.  Must be passing through and heading south.  Really nice to see.

Untitled.jpg

I would be drinking so much coffee with that view.  Gallons of it.  Just sitting and drinking it.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Long duration ocean storm next week

looks like best shot of precipitation E and se Sne

looks like some coastal flooding issues given the long E /ENE fetch I see on some models east of SNE for about 3 days 

Appears to be sneaking in a bit closer to the SNE coast last 24 of modeling so bears watching 

• Haha 1

My wife thinks I over reacted to James so I’ll reconsider my response.  I do think it’s a good idea to leave religion out of weather discussion on this bb.  

So James, I’ll reiterate that I’m cool with you and reacted to the religion stuff but as Steve stated it’s your right.

Many are anti political correctness and in some cases I agree but in general the concept is to try to avoid hurting people by ones words.

Beautiful autumn day today!  Summers over and winters on the way!

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, weathafella said:

My wife thinks I over reacted to James so I’ll reconsider my response.  I do think it’s a good idea to leave religion out of weather discussion on this bb.  

So James, I’ll reiterate that I’m cool with you and reacted to the religion stuff but as Steve stated it’s your right.

Many are anti political correctness and in some cases I agree but in general the concept is to try to avoid hurting people by ones words.

Beautiful autumn day today!  Summers over and winters on the way!

I love you man. Hope all is well. We are on the cusp old man winter. Wonder if Chicago gets accumulating this week.

• Sad 1