Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

53 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

C.O.C city 

59 degrees. I’m dreaming of fall cold fronts and then first flakes around Mansfield . 

Prices for Ownership of a one bedroom studio on the mountain at 1500’ def have my interest.  The amenities and views and annual snowfall make this something of a dream for me . Additionally  the ease of renting these out (Coordination between Spruce peak ) for a few days a week makes this interesting 

Fake snow 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Fake snow 

It takes a lot of fake snow to get to those 4-5 foot snowpacks at 1500ft...like 5 days a week type snow.  

I stayed overnight at Lodge at Spruce Peak during an April upslope event where it was just ripping 7:1 ratio needles (ended up with around 8” of dense stuff)....but being up at 1500ft in an upslope event is on another level from down in the valley.  At my house it falls straight down but up there it comes in sideways, and with a purpose.  Jebwalk through the base area at 1am.

I’d love to live all the time up here at the base area.  Just another world in most events.

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It takes a lot of fake snow to get to those 4-5 foot snowpacks at 1500ft...like 5 days a week type snow.  

I stayed overnight at Lodge at Spruce Peak during an April upslope event where it was just ripping 7:1 ratio needles (ended up with around 8” of dense stuff)....but being up at 1500ft in an upslope event is on another level from down in the valley.  At my house it falls straight down but up there it comes in sideways, and with a purpose.  Jebwalk through the base area at 1am.

I’d love to live all the time up here at the base area.  Just another world in most events.

Coastal would be running around nude if he lived at base area. Snow 5 days a week. Surprise 8” snowfalls when an inch or two is forecast . It’s a dream here man 

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

KCDA Lyndonville 68/49

Even with full sun it’s struggling to get higher than low 70s most spots.  

Upper 60s invading northern tier under full sun in early August... 

Amazing.

8B0 68/39
40B 66/45
59B 63/43

Should be a big rad night in NNE. Fronts dropping straight outta the north are pretty efficient.

48 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Coastal would be running around nude if he lived at base area. Snow 5 days a week. Surprise 8” snowfalls when an inch or two is forecast . It’s a dream here man 

It’s a good joke, plenty of fluffy snow but man the volume of precipitation up here at the mountain is pretty nuts.  

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

8B0 68/39
40B 66/45
59B 63/43

Should be a big rad night in NNE. Fronts dropping straight outta the north are pretty efficient.

Wow even upper 30s for dews in those Maine sites.  

Radiators mount up.  And yeah agree, this is a good delivery as you can see the front on satellite going due south.

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wow even upper 30s for dews in those Maine sites.  

Radiators mount up.  And yeah agree, this is a good delivery as you can see the front on satellite going due south.

37F at Rangeley and 39F at Jackman. Maybe pushing freezing At Estcourt tonight? Congrats to the moose.

image.png