Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Maybe I need to convert it to an EPS bar graph so you can understand it?

Last I checked MWN was in New England and it's a good representation of our H85 temps and has a consistent measuring history.

Maybe you should not try so hard. My original post was questioning the statement made that the US has had more heat records this year than cold. I posted a graphic saying it was not true. You asked me for New England, not possible. You moved the goal posts, tried a fake punt. Totally irrelevant to my original post.

51 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

63/61F  Light to moderate rain about .20" so far.  Windows wide open with cool, refreshing breeze coming through.  Feels great after my "heatwave"  85, 89, 86  the past 3 days.  I'll take as many 0F days you can throw me but would not mind if I never experience another 95/73 type day in my life.

Turning the corner now on the seasons,  I would guess right around July 22nd ish? might be New England's max averages?

Farmington co-op averages top out at 67.3 for July 22-25.  Temps rise to within 1.0° of that peak on July 6 and remain within a degree thru August 11.  My much shorter record (working on year 22) shows average temp climbing above 65.0° on July 9 and staying above that mark thru August 9 without ever reaching 66.0, so my peak is essentially same time as that co-op.

Radar showing a nice split at last peek, with 3/4 staying south of my place and 1/4 going north.  Doubt that will continue that way.  Augusta airport, which reported RA- at 2 then reported partly sunny at 4.  Neither the rain nor the sun arrived outside the office 2 miles away.  Given relatively dry air (compared to Sat-Sun) I can understand the rain not getting here (and if I'd been outside 2 hours ago I might've been hit with a few droplets), but still am puzzled by the p-sunny as it's been slate gray here for about 3 hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Ok, you just seemed annoyed in the original post that Fisher was saying it was incredibly hot in Boston and then said something about yes for the guys working on the tarmac.  

Annoyed,  no just laughing at the barrage of tweets touting the historical nature. Logan Airport has quadrupled in asphalt.  Heres a thought,  asphalt cools slower than grass or even concrete.  Anyone who is surprised these UHI areas set new minimums under this weekend conditions is not understanding why.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Maybe you should not try so hard. My original post was questioning the statement made that the US has had more heat records this year than cold. I posted a graphic saying it was not true. You asked me for New England, not possible. You moved the goal posts, tried a fake punt. Totally irrelevant to my original post.

Kick this

image.png

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Annoyed,  no just laughing at the barrage of tweets touting the historical nature. Logan Airport has quadrupled in asphalt.  Heres a thought,  asphalt cools slower than grass or even concrete.  Anyone who is surprised these UHI areas set new minimums under this weekend conditions is not understanding why.

Lol this does seem to hit a nerve, the cold vs warm records.  

Same as how BTV has its warmest day in 120 years last summer...but it is what it is.  Still fukkin hot.