Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2019 New England Banter and Disco

CapturedNature

16 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

More like something from Deliverance. Squeal like a pig. It's also a place where I never heard so much bigotry in my life. And people thought Boston was bad in the 70s. 

People often make reference to that movie and love to stereotype people in rural areas.  Having explored many corners of 48 states I can tell you that I'd rather be an economically depressed rural area than an urban one.  I have some experience with Hazleton as we have friends that were relocated there and we spent many years visiting the area.  I think if you got out of town more you might have had a different perspective but then again many on this board continuously make derogatory comments about people in rural areas.  Bigotry exists everywhere, even in your suburban town.  You can see it expressed in different ways but if you think that your enclave is somehow superior or that kind of thinking is in the past, you need to get out and talk to people more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

People often make reference to that movie and love to stereotype people in rural areas.  Having explored many corners of 48 states I can tell you that I'd rather be an economically depressed rural area than an urban one.  I have some experience with Hazleton as we have friends that were relocated there and we spent many years visiting the area.  I think if you got out of town more you might have had a different perspective but then again many on this board continuously make derogatory comments about people in rural areas.  Bigotry exists everywhere, even in your suburban town.  You can see it expressed in different ways but if you think that your enclave is somehow superior or that kind of thinking is in the past, you need to get out and talk to people more.

I was out and around that whole area. It’s loaded with white trash. I had more than some experience there. 

I do agree...mobile version has not been very friendly, particularly with formatting the past few months (maybe longer). Whenever there are images posted it throws the mobile all out of whack. I've also noticed that sometimes when you post it saves what you posted in the text box and you have to clear editor. 

54 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Great article on the vaping issues. A friend who owns a dispensary in CO said this spot on. So now that MA stopped selling tested thc vape cartridges people will be buying black market from China’s Labs to Your Lungs. 

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/vape-pen-injury-supply-chain-investigation-leafly

Why not just wait a few months until everything is cleared up?

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

Oh please.  Everyone I've met from Hubbardston are very nice. 

Mostly...but some really aren't too kind.    Mostly in jest. We have the clown who drives around with his pickup truck covered in the Confederate flag, neighbors who refused tohelp pay for our road's snowplowing when we were still considered a private road, etc.    Typical stuff... there is an undercurrent of distrust and hostility from some folks though.